The Athletic Union is the body that supports all sporting activity at Cardiff University Students' Union. We support students that run over 67 sports clubs including individual and team sports, outdoor and water sports and martial arts. We believe that sport plays a significant role in the student experience, playing a role in helping to build social and support groups, keeping students active, and most importantly, offering a valuable opportunity for individuals to develop themselves.
- Sport is run by Students for Students
- Sport Clubs belong to their members
- Participative, competitive and performance sport are held in equal regard
The Athletic Union commit to the following:
- Transparency and equality on all matters that are conducted for the Students and their clubs
- A direct line of communication, coupled with an open door policy
- Sufficient and appropriate training will always be available to ALL members
Read more about Our Mission Statement.
How Much Does It Cost To Join?
To be a member of a club, a membership to the Athletic Union is required. A one off annual fee (subject to change each year) enables you to be a member of the AU. This fee covers insurance and other support, but once you've paid you're good to take part in as many clubs as you want.
Each club has their own specific joining fee. Please note that club membership has not opened yet. Clubs websites are being updated ready for the new semester. For most clubs, basic equipment is provided to get you started as well as coaching and instuction. Through out the year you may be required to contribute towards activity, but this will be explained by the club. Feel free to contact any club to find out more information here.
Get in touch