Welcome to Cardiff University's Triathlon Club!
Running since 2013, Cardiff University Triathlon Club has grown to be a huge and active club within the University. We offer training 8/9 (winter/summer) times a week across the 3 disciplines and cater for all abilities from complete beginners to those competing at elite standard.
If you have an interest in either running, cycling or swimming and have always fancied giving triathlon a go please come along to one of our training sessions. Whether you've completed an Ironman or you're a complete beginner, we'd love to have you along!
- Monday 20:30-21:30, Cycling @ Maindy velodrome
- Tuesday 18:30, Tempo running @ back of CUSU
- Wednesday 7:30-8:30am, Swimming @ Starhub
- Wednesday 17:00-18:00, Cycling @ Maindy velodrome
- Thursday 7:00am, Open water swimming @ CIWW (summer months only)
- Thursday 18:30, Social runs (3, 6, 9 mile routes) @ back of CUSU
- Saturday 9:00am, Interval running (or Parkrun & pancakes!) @ Bute Park - Check Facebook for more details.
- Sunday 9:00am, Road cycle rides (casual, intermediate &advanced), joint with the Cycling Club. Meet @ Lidl carpark
- Sunday 16:00-17:00, Swimming @ Cardiff International Pool
Tap or hover over an image to learn more about the club!
We take part in all the BUCS events, as well as numerous public duathlons, aquathlons and relay events. Our tour also always centres itself around a race that is achievable for the whole club. We are always keen to have new events added to the calendar so if there's an event you would really like to do, and you think the team would enjoy it too, please speak to one of our committee members.
GoTri is a beginner friendly super sprint triathlon, aimed at those wanting to get into racing multisport events. The race includes a 200m pool swim, a 9k bike on a traffic free circuit, and a 1.6k run on quiet pavements. We are the Welsh Triathlon GoTri orgnaisers of the year 2019!
Just in case 9 training sessions wasn't enough time with your triathlon buddies, we have plenty of socials too! Although triathletes aren't known for their drinking abilities, it is extremely important to stay hydrated. We organise at least one boozy social a month, sometimes joining the Athletics and Cycling clubs. We also do plenty of non-alcoholic socials, such as parkrun and pancakes every month, ice skating and post-race meals!
Come to one of our sessions and give us a tri! Please feel free to message anyone on the committee if you have any questions.
REFUND POLICY: All students are welcome to attend our give it a go sessions after Freshers week and Refreshers. After this period, session sign ups are only open to members. Please note a refund for the membership fee will not be provided.
Please log in to view the committee.