Welcome to Cardiff University's Triathlon Club 2019/20!
CLUB OF THE YEAR 2019!
Running since 2013, Cardiff University Triathlon Club has grown to be a huge and active club within the University. We offer training 9/10 (winter/summer) times a week across the 3 disciplines and cater for all abilities from complete beginners to those competing at elite standard.
If you have an interest in either running, cycling or swimming and have always fancied giving triathlon a go please come along to one of our training sessions. Whether you've completed an Ironman or you're a complete beginner, we'd love to have you along!
- Monday 20:30-21:30, Cycling @ Maindy velodrome
- Tuesday 18:30, Tempo running joint with Athletics Club @ back of CUSU
- Wednesday 7:30-8:30am, Swimming at Starhub. Meet @ back of CUSU at 7am for lifts to pool
- Wednesday 14:00-15:00, Beginner cycling joint with Cycling Club @ Maindy velodrome
- Thursday 7:00am, Open water swimming (summer months)
- Thursday 18:30, Social runs (3, 6, 9 mile routes) joint with Athletics Club @ back of CUSU
- Saturday 9:00am, Interval running (or Parkrun & pancakes!) Check Facebook for more details.
- Sunday 9:00am, Road cycle rides (casual, intermediate and advanced), joint with the Cycling Club. Meet @ Lidl carpark
- Sunday 18:00-19:00, Swimming at Cardiff International Pool. Meet @ back of CUSU at 17:30 for lifts to the pool
As well as these regular sessions we organise other sessions, including 'parkrun and pancakes' once a month! Find us on Facebook for details of all our sessions, including our Give it a Go sessions at the start of term!
We take part in all the BUCS events, as well as numerous public duathlons, aquathlons and relay events. Our tour also always centres itself around a race that is achievable for the whole club. We are always keen to have new events added to the calendar so if there's an event you would really like to do, and you think the team would enjoy it too, please speak to one of our committee members.
On Sunday 27th October 2019 we will be hosting a GoTri event at Maindy Leisure Centre. GoTri is a beginner friendly super sprint triathlon, aimed at those wanting to get into racing multisport events. The race includes a 200m pool swim, a 9k bike on a traffic free circuit, and a 1.6k run on quiet pavements. Check out the event page below for more details!
Please note: We are always looking for marshals to help out on the day! If you can help, let us know!
Just in case ~10 training sessions wasn't enough time with your triathlon buddies, we have plenty of socials too! Although triathletes aren't known for their drinking abilities, it is extremely important to stay hydrated. We organise at least one boozy social a month, sometimes joining the Athletics and Cycling clubs. We also do plenty of non-alcoholic socials, such as parkrun and pancakes every month, ice skating and post-race meals!
We also organise other events throughout the year, such as bike maintenance sessions aimed at those who need to learn how to fix a puncture or index your gears. This year we've organised talks from Lucy Gossage (a full-time oncologist and Ironman Wales winner 2018) and qualified nutritionists to ensure you're always inspired!
So come to one of our sessions and give us a tri! Please feel free to message anyone on the committee if you have any questions.
REFUND POLICY: All students are welcome to attend our give it a go sessions after Freshers week and Refreshers. If they like the club, they are then able to attend two of each of the sessions (or a fortnight) worth of training before they must buy membership. After this cooling off period of two weeks, a refund for the membership fee will not be provided.
Please log in to view the committee.