There are some really exciting things going on in the Students’ Union in Freshers 2022 and we want you to help us make it happen! As part of this project we’re looking for friendly, enthusiastic people to join the Welcome Team to introduce over 6,000 new students to the University.
Joining the Welcome Team is an amazing opportunity to volunteer your time to make a huge difference to the student experience, make loads of friends and acquire new skills that will stay with you forever. You’ll also make a huge positive impact on your CV while doing it.
What are you commiting to?
Joining the Welcome Team is a totally manageable commitment and we ensure the safety of volunteers, students and staff alike.
We recognise that you'll have other things going on in Freshers. We ask everyone on the team to:
- Give 15 - 20 hours of flexible shift commitment during the Freshers.
- Be available for training the week before Freshers'
- Show enthusiasm and passion for the Students' Union, the student experience and student welfare.
- Be present on campus the week of Freshers'
What will you be doing?
We're asking for 15 - 20 hours of your time in September to help us make Freshers' Week 2022 amazing. You'll be able to get involved with:
- Welcoming new students to Cardiff SU
- Supporting and/or leading Give it a Go Trips and Tours
- Helping our full-time staff at the Sports Clubs and Societies Fairs
- Promoting all of our Give it a Go activities to students across campus
- Championing our support and welfare services
- Promoting all of the fantastic services, events and activities that we offer
- Telling everyone how amazing the Students’ Union is!
What's in it for you?
You’ll be welcomed into the Students’ Union Family and become an integral and valued part of our exciting Freshers plans. As well as a warm feeling on the inside, you’ll also get:
- A position of responsibility and a branded t-shirt and lanyard
- An accredited Students’ Union Certificate of Contribution;
- Access to a range of exciting socials and events
- Training from experienced Students’ Union staff;
- An extra-degree CV reference;
- Some extra perks as a thank you from us!