There are some really exciting things going on in the Students’ Union in Freshers 2019 and we want you to help us make it happen! As part of a new project we’re looking for role model individuals to join the Welcome Team to introduce over 6000 new students to the University.
It’s both exciting and daunting to arrive at a new University and we need you to help make it the best experience ever. If you’re willing to get involved and make a difference, then we want to hear from you.
Joining the Welcome Team is an amazing opportunity to make a huge difference to the student experience, make loads of friends and have new experiences that will stay with you forever. You’ll also have a huge positive impact on your CV while doing it.
What are we asking for?
Joining the Welcome Team is a totally manageable commitment. We recognise that you'll have other things going on in Freshers. We ask everyone on the team to:
- Give 15 - 20 hours of flexible shift commitment during the Freshers fortnight.
- Be available and commit to training on the 14th or 17th September 2019.
- Show enthusiasm and passion for the Students' Union, the student experience or student welfare.
If you're not sure when you're back in Cardiff, apply anyway and we may be able to do some late training for you.
What would you be doing?
We're asking for 15 - 20 hours of your valuable time in Freshers to help us make Freshers amazing. You'll be able to get involved with:
- Welcoming new students to Cardiff in Halls;
- Having courageous conversations with new students in our Buddy Scheme;
- Running trips and tours for the ‘Give it a Go’ project;
- Helping students get their ID card;
- Championing our support and welfare services;
- Helping out at the club and society fairs;
- Telling everyone how amazing the Students’ Union is!
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be welcomed into the Students’ Union Family and become an integral and valued part of our exciting Freshers plans. As well as a warm feeling on the inside, you’ll also get:
- A position of responsibility, Welcome Team t-shirt and lanyard;
- An exciting Freshers Goodie-Bag;
- Access to free GIAG trips and tours (Team GIAG);
- An accredited Students’ Union Certificate of Contribution;
- Access to a range of exciting socials and events;
- Training from experienced Students’ Union staff;
- An extra-degree CV reference, and;
- A range of free leadership courses (Team Leaders).