Terms & Conditions
Please follow this link to view our privacy notice that has been updated for the new General Data Protection Regulations.
Tickets & Products Provided By Affiliated Student Groups
If you have any enquiries about tickets and products made available for sale by affiliated groups (such as sports clubs or societies), in the first instance you should contact the affiliated group itself. Each group and each event may have differing terms in relation to refunds. You should check to ensure you understand the terms of purchase before completing your transaction.
Tickets & Events
Live music and nightclub events provided by Cardiff University Students' Union fall under the sub-brand Cardiff Box Office. All tickets can be purchased online as an e-ticket or for delivery.
- Book tickets online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Box Office regularly check prices to make ensure their booking fees are lower than other ticket outlets.
- All tickets are sold subject to Box Office Terms and Conditions.
- All live music events are strictly 14+ unless otherwise stated.
- All club night events are strictly 18+ and guests must have valid ID with them. ID accepted include a valid Passport or a valid driving licence only.
- Cardiff Box Office accept all major UK Credit / Debit cards, with the exception of American Express.
- Please contact email@example.com for any further information.
- Tickets purchased as "e-tickets" will be emailed to the email address registered to your account. If you do not receive an e-mail upon completing a purchase, please check your Junk or Spam folder.
- Please bring your e-ticket with you to the event, ensuring the barcode is clear for our scanners to read.
- E-tickets are not transferable.
- Tickets will be posted to the address registered to the account, or entered at the time of purchase. Cardiff Box Office are unable to change the delivery address after a purchase has been completed.
- Cardiff Box Office endeavour to send tickets out within 5 working days of purchase, however, please allow up to 14 working days. If your tickets are urgent, we recommend purchasing an e-ticket.
- Please note, Cardiff Box Office currently only ship to UK Mainland addresses.
- Please contact Cardiff Box Office for further information.
Refunds are available only if the event has been cancelled, postponed, or has significantly changed from the advertised billing. If this is the case then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Booking and Postage Fees are non-refundable. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Regular nightclub events are age 18+ unless specifically noted on the event page. All members and guests must provide photo ID as proof of age if asked by a member of security or a member of Students' Union staff. Cardiff Box Office only accept a valid passport or a valid driving licence. If you are unable to provide proof of age, you maybe refused entry or refused service at our licenced bars.
Bringing Guests in to the Students' Union
Cardiff University student are entitled to bring one guest in to the Students' Union. Your guest must be 18+ years old. Your guest must arrive with you and must provide photo ID as proof of age. Cardiff Box Office only accept a valid passport or a valid driving licence.
A breach of any of these terms and conditions or behaviour deemed by the duty manager to be unacceptable will result in ejection from the venue and a possible ban from the premises. In serious cases, the Police or University may be informed. Unacceptable behaviour includes but is not limited to;
- Behaviour which is likely to cause intimidation
- Abusive or discriminatory behaviour
- Behaviour that causes damage, nuisance, or injury to self or others
- Behaviour that places others at risk
Students are reminded that they are required to conduct themselves within the expectations placed on both members of the Students’ Union and Cardiff University.
Tickets are issued subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Cardiff Box Office sells tickets on behalf of promoters, producers, performers and venues. The tickets you purchase remain the property of the promoter/Cardiff Box Office.
- Tickets purchased from Cardiff Box Office may be subject to a per ticket booking fee and additional postage fee.
- Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person to discourage unfair ticket buying practices. Cardiff Box Office reserve the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number without prior notice.
- Tickets will be posted to the address provided at time of purchase. Cardiff Box Office will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
- Cardiff Box Office aim to dispatch tickets as soon as possible. They are not able to specify an exact date of dispatch. Please allow as much time as possible for your tickets to arrive. If your tickets have not arrived within five days of the event, please contact Cardiff Box Office.
- It is your responsibility to check your tickets; mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- Tickets are sold subject to the Promoters right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
- At the request of the promoter a partial or full refund can be issued to the purchaser if an event is cancelled or substantially changed from the advertised description. Only face value will be refunded. Booking fees and postage are non-refundable.
- If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, Cardiff Box Office will use reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders once relevant authorisation from the promoter is received. Cardiff Box Office do not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
- The venue may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
- There is no readmission of any kind.
- Cardiff Box Office accepts no responsibility for any personal property.
- Breach of any of these terms and conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury shall result in ejection from the venue.
- Cardiff Box Office reserve the right to refuse entry of any patrons that act in a way such to damage the reputation and or Premises License conditions of the Students Union.
- Events hosted by external promotors; additional terms and conditions may apply. Please refer to the specific event for full details.