Welcome to Cardiff University Athletics Club 2020-21!
We're a friendly and welcoming club inviting students of all abilities, from serious athletes to those simply wanting to run to keep fit. Here you can find all the details you need including our training groups, membership information and contact details. Take a look through and get in contact if you have any questions.
We offer four training sessions a week, compete in various competitions (including BUCS), and have fantastic socials!
So, whether you are in training for your next marathon, or looking for a fun and affordable sports club to join, just come along to any of our training sessions and try us out for free!
- Meet at 18:00 @ back of CUSU (Senghennydd Road)- A track session that caters for sprinters and endurance athletes of all abilities. Cost of £2.00 per session. (CURRENTLY CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19).
- Meet at 18:30 @ back of CUSU (Senghennydd Road)- Beginners session- a friendly social run.
- Meet at 18:30 @ back of CUSU (Senghennydd Road)- Tempo sessions run by our two lovely cross-country captains, for a chance to improve speed and endurance. This session caters for all abilities.
- Meet at 18:30 @ back of CUSU (Senghennydd Road)- Choice between 3, 6 or 9 mile run around Cardiff; split into groups based on ability so that no-one gets left behind! The session caters for all abilities.
- 09:00- Parkrun organises a free 5km time-trial in Bute Park. More info can be found here: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/cardiff/ (CURRENTLY CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19).
- 10:00- Endurance-based grass session for track athletes at Bute Park. Meeting point TBC.
We don't 'just' run, jump and throw, we also like to have fun! Having many different socials throughout the year, it's a great chance to meet members outside of training, as we're a friendly and welcoming bunch.
Enjoy partying? We have plenty to offer! The legendary Wednesday SU club nights 'Yolo' with plenty of dancing, music and VKs, with a small prize for best dressed, are not to be missed!
Not keen on partying? We've got you sorted too! Why not come along to chilled pub nights, pizza nights and trampoline parks.
As well as socials throughout the year, we also offer our club members the chance to go away on tour with the club. The club tour takes place in the Easter break, and we run a half marathon in Europe. Rather than being an exposition of athletic excellence, it's more of a test of how well you can run on 3 hours sleep, with a few exceptions, of course!
Look forward to seeing you on the socials!
You can order official CUAC kit from: Rhino Teamwear (Remember to order early as it can take up to 5 weeks!):
Team vests or crop tops are required to compete in BUCS events and recommended for all other races. Orders will be available to make at the beginning of term (keep an eye on Facebook for further details).
We compete in the BUCS Indoors, winning 3 medals last year, as well as Outdoors and Cross Country Championships. As well as this, we also take part in the Gwent cross country league, in which the women's team came 1st last year and the men's 2nd. Other competitions include the Indoor Cardiff Met Christmas Classic, New Year non Thomas Open, South West Varsity and the Welsh open meetings.
In addition, we look forward to our annual varsity match against Swansea- one of the biggest events of the year! You can signup for upcoming events below, but please only do so if you are planning on going. Of course, if you are injured or ill we will let you off!
Standard Membership is just £20 for the entire year, one of the cheapest of all Athletics Union clubs! Erasmus/International Students who are only here for a term may purchase membership at a discounted price of £15. There is also a £10 'Racing' Membership for those from other clubs/societies who may wish to compete for Cardiff (in events such as the Gwent League.)
For this bargain price, you'll receive four weekly training sessions as well as discounted (or free!) entry and transport to the races we attend. All new members are welcome to come along to our Give It A Go sessions, before committing to purchasing a membership.
Running love xox
Please log in to view the committee.