Return to main page
CUAC organises regular training throughout the week for athletes that want to take part in road, cross country and track races. The club has two endurance coaches (Steve Mitchell and James Thie) who coach athletes at a wide range of levels from beginner to international competitor. The location and timing of these sessions varies depending on the time of year, upcoming races and weather conditions, for more information please contact the Cross-country Captains Georgia Palmer (email@example.com) and Alex Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org), and the Track Captain Emily Lowery (LoweryER@cardiff.ac.uk).
The club also runs couch to 5k style sessions aimed at beginners - for more information please see Beginners.
- 18:30 @ back of CUSU (Senghennydd Road) - Beginners run session, doing couch to 5K style intervals in a safe and supported environment with other people.
- 17:00 @ locations around Cardiff (join club WhatsApp for updates) - coached endurance running interval session for runners wanting to improve their fitness for track, road races and cross country, coached by Steve Mitchell and James Thie
- 14:30 @ back of CUSU (Senghennydd Road) - relaxed and social recovery run with groups doing different distances between around 5 and 15 kilometres. Further details on Facebook and WhatsApp.
- 09:00 @ ParkRun - free timed 5km starting on the Taff Trail by the big Tesco. More information at Cardiff parkrun.
- 09:00 @ locations around Cardiff (join club WhatsApp and Facebook groups for updates) - coached endurance running interval session for runners wanting to improve their fitness for track, road races and cross country.
- long run, different groups running between 10 - 20 kilometres at different paces.
For more information on the routes and locations the club uses, see the document on Training Routes and Locations. For information on how to get to NIAC and how to get access to the facility, see Facilities.