Cardiff University Badminton Club is a dynamic and innovative club that has both a strong competitive team along with a fun social club. Within the club, there is plenty to do for all members whether they are elite players or complete beginners. Badminton is a sport that is extremely popular worldwide and in the run-up to Commonwealth and Olympic games this popularity will only increase.
We are one of the largest clubs in Cardiff and our weekly Social Sunday sessions provide the opportunity for all members to come along and play badminton in a relaxed and fun environment. During the year we run various fun events as well as friendly tournaments, all of which gives everyone the opportunity to meet other people in the club.
As we are a large club there is a lot of competition for squad places so trials are held every year during Fresher's. If successful training and coaching is on a regular basis which means that we consistently produce some of the top teams in the Southern divisions. The best players in the squad also get to compete in the National BUCS championships held in Sheffield.
For the 2022-2023 season, we have five teams playing in the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) leagues, 2 women's teams, and 3 men's teams. Our men's and women's first teams also compete every year in the Welsh Varsity against Swansea. This is a great day of sport not only for the players but also for all members of the club, as supporters.
Our social club runs weekly, on a Sunday between 12-4, we can provide rackets and shuttles. We also have regular socials ranging from standard student nights to club meals and games evenings. Given how popular and diverse we are as a club it's no surprise that our socials are a great way to meet new people and get involved with one of the best sports clubs at Cardiff!
2022-2023 season membership:
All of these memebrships can be purchased below:
- Social membership £30
- Squad memebership £90 (including top)
- 1 Semester membership £17.50
- All individuals who have purchased the £30 membership are entitled to a full refund within the first 30 days following purchase. This is valid provided the membership was purchased through the website.
- All refunds will be decided on a case by case decision within or after the 30 days for any memberships.
- In order for the refund to be processed by the treasurer, an email must be sent from a cardiff.ac.uk email address specifying the reasons for the refund. An absence of reasons will mean that the refund transfer can not be processed. The email must be from the member who wishes for a refund to the treasurer.
- The refund shall be processed by the treasurer within 2 weeks of request.
Once the refund has been processed by the treasurer the individual is no longer a member of Cardiff University Badminton Club unless membership is purchased again.
Make sure you check us out on Facebook and Instagram using the links on the left-hand side of this page. All updates on events, socials and team fixtures will be posted here!
Here at Cardiff University Badminton, we're looking forward to another great season and we hope you'll be a part of it!
Please log in to view the committee.