Medics Squash Club
Based between Heath Park Sports and Social Club and Talybont courts, we run a squash club tailored to all students.
We provide regular, free court time every week to our members, currently at 5 hours a week.
Squash is a very popular sport, a great way to unwind, socialise and get fit! Voted the healthiest sport according to Forbes!
Medics Squash is a rare opportunity to integrate with other healthcare students.
All abilities are warmly welcomed and our more experienced players are happy to provide basic coaching.
Our competitive players can compete for our team in the Squash South Wales Central League on weekday evenings and whilst we don't travel every week up and down the country playing BUCS games we do compete in well established medical school tournaments, medics and main varsities.
With many of our members scattered across Wales on placement, there are plenty of opportunities to play for team - essentially, if you want to try your hand at competitve squash, you're always wanted!
In addition to playing squash, we have regular socials, meals, charity events and plenty of fancy dress!
Wednesday, Heath Sports and Social Club Squash courts:
- 3-4pm - Men
- 4-5pm - Ladies
Sunday Talybont Sports Complex Courts: TBC
- 3-4pm - Beginners
- 4-5pm - Intermediate
- 5-6pm - Team Training
- Home fixtures played at the Sport Wales National Centre @ Sophia Gardens on Thursday evenings! Starting on w/c 04/10/21
Please see our FaceBook Page and join our Facebook group for more details!
Also follow us on Instagram @cardiffmedicssquash !
*Sponsorship* We have two longstanding great sponsors for our 2021/2022 season: Mantis and the Vulcan.
- Members have the right to have their name removed from the members list on www.cardiffstudents.com at any time.
- Upon cancellation of membership, full refund of the Annual Standard Membership fee will only be available in two circumstances:
- If the Annual Standard Membership fee is purchased before the first training session of the academic year, the member may only claim a full refund in the period between the date of purchase and 14 days following the first training session of the academic year.
- If the Annual Standard Membership fee is purchased for the first time of that academic year after the first training session of the academic year, the member may only claim a full refund in the 14 days following the date of purchase.
- No partial refunds may be claimed
Please log in to view the committee.