Nominations are now open!
The first step? Deciding you want to run!
Do you think you can help make student life at Cardiff University better? Can you campaign on behalf of students to make sure their voice is heard? If the answer is yes, then you should nominate yourself.
In the Spring elections, you can run for Sabbatical and Campaign Officer positions. Role profiles for each Officer role can be found here.
Sabbatical Officer Roles
The elected Sabbatical Officers lead the Students' Union every year. Each role is a full-time paid position, with the successful candidates working closely with full-time staff over their year in the role. You can run in your final year for a role when you graduate, or take an interruption of studies to take up a role in the middle of your degree.
The Sabbatical Officer roles up for election are:
- SU President
- VP Undergraduate Students (Education and Welfare)
- VP Postgraduate Students (Education and Welfare)
- VP Heath Park Campus (Education and Welfare)
- VP Welsh Language, Community and Culture
- VP Societies and Volunteering
- VP Sport and Athletic Union President
Campaign Officer Roles
The elected Campaign Officers work alongside the Sabbatical Officers. Campaign Officer roles are voluntary, and are undertaken by students alongside their studies. Campaign Officers represent students of particular demographics, communities, or student priorities, and are supported in their work by the Student Voice team.
The Campaign Officer roles up for election are:
- Black and Minority Ethnic Students' Officer
- Ethical and Environmental Officer
- International Students' Officer
- LGBTQ+ Officer x2 (one space reserved for a trans student)
- Mature Students Officer
- Mental Health Officer
- Student Parents & Carers Officer
- Students with Disabilities' Officer
- Women's Officer