If you’re looking for a job as a means of earning a bit of extra money during your time at University, the following information may be helpful to you. If you have any further questions or are unsure of something, please feel free to contact Student Advice. If you are an international student and have questions regarding your right to work or visas, you would benefit from contacting International Student Support where they will be able to answer your queries.

Contracts and Internships 

Discrimination and Representation

Help Looking For Work

International Students and Employment

Rights and Entitlements

Work-Life Balance


If you do undertake paid work whilst at University, you may find that you are liable to pay Income Tax and National Insurance. Find out more about this here.


Student Futures


Cardiff University Student Futures are available to support students in sourcing vocational placements, global opportunities and graduate jobs.

If you are starting to plan for your future, looking for work experience, or developing your employability skills, this service may be able to support you.


Click here to find out more.


Cardiff University Students’ Union, registered in Wales. Nothing here in contained constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order

Telephone | 029 2078 1400 Email | StudentsUnion@Cardiff.ac.uk Website | cardiffstudents.com Address | Park Place Cardiff CF10 3QN Charity No. | 1137163 Company Registration No. | 07328777
Undeb Myfyrwyr Prifysgol Caerdydd, wedi’i gofrestru yng Nghymru. Nid oes dim yn gynwysedig yma yn gorchymyn am nwyddau neu wasanaeth oni bai bod archeb swyddogol yn cyd-fynd ag ef

Ffôn | 029 2078 1400 E-bost | StudentsUnion@Cardiff.ac.uk Gwefan | cardiffstudents.com Cyfeiriad | Plas y Parc Caerdydd CF10 3QN Rhif Elusen | 1137163 Rhif Cofrestredig y Cwmni | 07328777