Cardiff University offer over 100 scholarships to financially support students in their studies each year, many of which are given out at the point of entry. They award these scholarships to students they see as the very best in the UK who undertake one of the eligible degree programmes.
The University offers:
To be eligible for this, students must:
- be eligible for UK student funding for living costs
- have accepted Cardiff as their firm choice by the 31st of July 2018
- be registered on the first year of a qualifying full time undergraduate course at Cardiff University by the 31st of August 2018
- commence in year 1 of your program in 2018 as a new student
- meet their offer criteria in full
- achieve a minimum award of 3 A grades at A level* or accepted equivalent qualifications (see below) by 31 August 2018
Payments are split into 2 payments each year, the first is paid in Mid-November and the second in Mid-February.
This comes in the form of the Masters Excellence Scholarship. The Scholarships are each worth a minimum of £3,000 and will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee discount.
The following programmes are eligible for a Master's Excellence scholarship:
- Full-time programme leading to a taught master’s degree
- Part-time programme leading to a taught master’s degree
- MRes Biosciences
- MRes Stem Cell Neurobiology
The deadlines for applications for the scholarships for 2019/20 are as follows:
- Wednesday 6 March 2019
- Wednesday 3 July 2019
If you want to know whether or not you are eligible for a Scholarship or Bursary, click here to find out more. You can also contact the University if you have any questions or issues with this. The contact information is below: