Children's Play Services operates free ‘Open Access’ play provision across Cardiff for child 5 - 14 years, all year round...
This opportunity is ongoing, with no end date.
Childrens Play are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help at Children's Play Services play schemes. The service operates the following schemes and is always looking for volunteers to support children & young people in their play environment. The following schemes are available to volunteer at:
• After School open access play schemes.
• Open access holiday play schemes.
• Closed access holiday play schemes, for children with disabilities.
• Saturday project, for children with disabilities and their families.
Volunteers will be able to get involved with play activities, create activities and support the play team to ensure the play sessions are fun, friendly and challenging. If you have a particular skill to bring along from sport, games, or something creative, however no experience is necessary.
You will receive an induction on your first session, child protection on-line course before starting and will be working with an experienced team of play workers. Volunteers will have access to any relevant training, play schemes are lots of fun and a great way to interact with children and the community.
Benefits to self
• Work experience
• Recognition that you have something to offer
• Opportunity to acquire new skills
• Social contact: meeting new people
• Involvement in the community
• Confidence building
• Awareness of children, children’s issues and rights
• Future reference
• Training opportunities
Benefits to others
Enable children to develop by providing a range of play opportunities that meet their needs.
Provide children with a child-centred, challenging, friendly, safe and fun place to play.
Support children & young people to discover and explore their own potential, building confidence and resilience
Venues across Cardiff
Variety of training to support children & young people and play training these are funding dependent.
Hours per week
3 hours per session
- VolunteeringRegular Volunteering