About My Role
Jude champions sport within the University and local community. Jude represents students who play both competitive and participation sports to both the University and the Union.
Hey! I am Jude, the Vice President Sports and Athletic Union President!
Throughout my childhood I tried my best at most sports, some with more way more success than others! Once leaving school, I moved to Chamonix, France to complete 2 ski seasons and became a very keen snowboarder. I joined Cardiff University in 2017 and have just graduated with a degree in Sociology and Social Policy.
My involvement in the Athletic Union started when I was elected as the Social Sec of the Ladies’ Hockey Club in 17/18, and then in the following year I was elected as the President of the Ladies’ Hockey Club. I have loved being part of sport at Cardiff Uni, through both playing and socialising sport has provided me with my closest friends and best university memories. Through my experiences, I have gained a massive insight into the amazing work that the AU complete to ensure that we are all able to play sport. This has inspired me to run in the Students Union Elections as I believe I can help to improve the AU for all.
I believe that sport is way more than just physical performance, it is the network of support and opportunities which have the ability to enhance and transform everyone’s university experience and wellbeing. From social members, recreational players and elite athletes, I am here to provide the best AU for you!
My priorities for the year include:
- Lobbying the University for investment into the development of sports facilities.
- Support and understand the needs of each club to insure that they are providing the best service to their members
- Increase the AU participation by those whom are new to sport or wanting to be social members and supporting clubs to facilitate these members.
- Introduce a scheme in which reduces gym fees for AU members and those who need to go to the gym as part of their sport fitness programme.
- Run campaigns to increase the awareness of the positive impacts of sport involvement for all.
If you have any questions please come and talk to me, my door is always open!