Shwmae! I’m Amr, our team’s youngest Officer this year at 20 years old. Originally, I was born and raised in Amman, Jordan. I also lived in Egypt for 2 years during high school.
After completing my IB diploma, which included higher level maths and physics, I was offered a scholarship at Cardiff University, which I gladly accepted. As an international student, I struggled being miles away from home. However, due to the support around me I was able to settle in and feel at home. I have also just completed my Mechanical Engineering degree.
Since starting at Cardiff, I have been involved with Give it a Go, Student Mentoring, the student staff panel and the Student Senate. It is because of these roles and experiences I was inspired to run for Vice President Welfare and Campaigns in the 2018 student elections. I am truly grateful for everyone who voted for me and believed in me.
I have always been passionate about helping and supporting everyone around me. Whether you’re at the Heath, at the Queen’s buildings or at Newport, I am here to support you. I believe everyone that should get the most out of their university experience I will do my very best to resolve ALL your issues.
My priorities for the year include:
- Diversity and inclusion for ALL: Increasing the engagement of less-engaged communities, such as BME, International, Mature students and students across all campuses.
- Housing for ALL: Create a letting agency approved scheme.
- Mental health services for ALL: Establish a more student friendly extenuating circumstances procedure and easier access to counselling and wellbeing appointments.
- A campus for ALL: Increasing study spaces, especially during exam period.
- Better campaign for ALL: Support the campaign officers and run amazing campaigns!
For the Benefit of ALL #AmrForALL
What Is Working On?