Freshers' Fairs 2021:
We host a range of fairs during Freshers' Week, giving you the opportunity to
meet the students who run our clubs,
societies and volunteering projects, find out what services are available to Cardiff University students, and
up some awesome freebies!
This year, we’re delighted to return to in-person fairs and we are bringing
more fairs than ever before. In order to
run these fairs safely, we have introduced timed entry slots for 2021 to help manage the capacity throughout the
you would like to come along to a fair, please book a free entry ticket at the time you would like to arrive. If
preferred slot is sold out, please choose another time.
- You will need to show your student ID and ticket on the door.
- Please don’t arrive more than 10 minutes before your allotted time.
- Follow the directional signs to the queue and have your ID and ticket ready.
COVID-19 Safety Messages:
- Please bring a mask to wear in the fair unless you are exempt; you will also need to
wear a mask in general when moving
through the SU .
- On entry we will ask that you sanitise your hands and then when moving around, please
give as much distance as you can
to others and follow the one way and directional signage where it is displayed.
- If you feel you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in direct close contact with
someone who has COVID-19, please do
not attend any of our events or come to our venues. If you are double vaccinated and identified as a close
ask that you undertake a PCR test before attending the event. Please follow the direction of NHS Track & Trace.
read our full Covid-19 Event
Policy for further details and a list of symptoms.
- Further to the above we ask that students attending fairs and nightclubs strongly
consider undertaking a lateral flow
test or using the University's testing service to help make the event as safe as we can, without taking away the
of the activity. We also ask that if you have any non-covid cold or flu symptoms that you consider whether it is
appropriate to attend and with the evolving range of covid symptoms, we ask that you under take a test to rule
as best possible.
If you are unable to attend the fairs, we will be running virtual events in
October. You can also see the full list of
activities available, as well as get in touch with students groups, via our Activities pages.
→ Find Out who is going to be there ←