Hello / Shmwae everyone, I'm Jen! I'm 21 years old, and having finished three years of my medical degree I'm taking a year out to be your VP Heath Park!
I grew up in a village called Bollington in Cheshire, up in the North of England for all my younger years and studied at Stockport Grammar. Here I completed my A levels in Chemistry, Biology and Philosophy.
I have always been an active person with hockey, swimming and climbing being my main sports at school, but since coming to university I have become a keen water polo player. I now train with the university team and an external team called Welsh Wanderers. Whilst at Cardiff I've also thrown myself into A Cappella and the Students for Global Health Society and uni life definitely wouldn't have been the same without the friends and fun these things have brought me!
In January 2018 I decided to run for VP Heath Park for a number of reasons. Namely because I was very aware of the issues that affected the people around me and knew that that was just the surface of what students at the Heath experienced. You might remember my slogan of Be A Gem, Vote for Jen.... as a result of that campaign I was consuming midget gems for five months after elections!
My Priorities are:
- To improve Student Support Services accessibility for Heath students.
- To increase engagement with all Heath Students.
- To see through the completion of the IV Lounge redevelopment and make sure it meets the needs of the students more.
- To bring more experiences and events to the Heath Campus.
- To push for free Wednesday afternoons for all healthcare students at least for first year.