Making a Complaint 

The University has not yet introduced a specific complaints procedure for complaints relating to industrial action for the 2022/23 Academic Year. If you wish to make a complaint, you should do so using the University Complaints Procedure. The University may, over the course of the Academic Year, release a specific complaints procedure for disruption caused by industrial action; until this time, Student Advice recommend using the University Complaints Procedure to submit any complaints. Should you wish to submit a complaint at a later date, we would encourage you to keep evidence and note of any disruption industrial action may have caused or will cause to you. 


The University Complaints Procedure does not provide the opportunity to challenge an academic decision taken by an Examining Board. If you wish to challenge or change your results, you should submit an academic appeal under the Academic Appeals Procedure. You can submit both a complaint and an appeal should you wish to. 


If at the end of the current academic year you do not feel that we have taken actions to satisfactorily mitigate the impact of industrial action on your studies, you can make a formal complaint under stage 2 of the procedure by completing the industrial action complaint form and emailing it to


This page will be updated if a specific complaints procedure is released by the University in relation to 22/23 industrial action. Preceding this, get in touch if you need further advice and guidance on making a complaint via the form below or by email at 



Cardiff University Students’ Union, registered in Wales. Nothing here in contained constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order

Telephone | 029 2078 1400 Email | Website | Address | Park Place Cardiff CF10 3QN Charity No. | 1137163 Company Registration No. | 07328777
Undeb Myfyrwyr Prifysgol Caerdydd, wedi’i gofrestru yng Nghymru. Nid oes dim yn gynwysedig yma yn gorchymyn am nwyddau neu wasanaeth oni bai bod archeb swyddogol yn cyd-fynd ag ef

Ffôn | 029 2078 1400 E-bost | Gwefan | Cyfeiriad | Plas y Parc Caerdydd CF10 3QN Rhif Elusen | 1137163 Rhif Cofrestredig y Cwmni | 07328777