If you are unsure if you are on the right programme of study, there are options available to you. You may be able to transfer to a different course, or to another university.
In year transfer
- You can only transfer to a different course within Cardiff University within the first 3 weeks of the academic year.
- Your ability to transfer will depend on your ability to meet the entry requirements and if there is room on the course for you to do so.
- If you are considering transferring to a different university you should contact them to ask about their in year transfer policy.
- After the first 3 weeks of term, if you want to transfer to a different course within Cardiff University or at another university you will usually have to wait to start the new course until the following academic year.
- You will have to decide whether to continue with your current course for this academic year, or stop your course and start the new programme in the next academic year.
- Your ability to transfer will depend on you meeting the entry requirements and if there are places available on the course.
How to request a programme of study transfer;
When you were admitted to the University it was to study a specific programme. In order to change to an alternative programme the Academic School(s) responsible for the programme you wish to leave and the programme you wish to transfer to must agree.
- You must discuss your request with all the schools involved. If the change involves a Joint Honours programme, both Schools involved in the teaching of the programme must be consulted and in agreement.
- You should contact the Admissions Tutor for the new course to ask about available places and entry requirements. You can find contact details for Admissions Tutors in the online prospectus.
- Some Admissions Tutors might also ask you to make a new UCAS application, before they will consider your request to transfer.
- If you are transferring to another University you will most probably have to make a new UCAS application.
- If you are transferring to a different University and want to leave your course at Cardiff University you will need to permanently withdraw from your programme of study through SIMS online. When asked for your reason for withdrawing, choose "Transfer to a different University"