Student Groups are able to book rooms in the SU free of charge. However, there are a few things you need to know when booking rooms:
- Bookings can be made up to 4 weeks in advance. Silver- and Gold-Tier Clubs and Societies can book up to 6 weeks in advance.
- Bookings must be made 3 days in advance, so get planning!
- Some bookings may need to be moved around. We will do our best to let you know ASAP if your booking changes.
- Check your bookings 1-2 times a week, especially if you have regular room bookings. We cannot guarentee that you will have the same room and time every week but will do our best to find an alternative. Make sure you're aware of when things are different!
- There is no IT support in the evening or at weekends.
- Let Reception or Security know every time you arrive for a booking.
- Catering can be booked under ‘More Options’ when making a booking. These bookings must have a minimum of 20 people and must have at least 2 weeks’ notice.
As well as a few things we ask of you when using the space:
- All rooms must be left clean and tidy. Furniture must be returned to its original positions – use floor plans in the meeting rooms or talk to Security if you are unsure.
- Always return the key after your booking (even if someone is in the room after you, they need to sign it out themselves, so you don’t get the blame!)
- No alcohol or hot food are allowed in meeting rooms.
- Make sure you cancel a booking online if you no longer need it. Go to the Bookings Tab to review, edit and delete bookings. Groups that repeatedly fail to turn up to their bookings may lose their room booking privileges.
- Bookings with a Guest Speaker must have a Guest Speaker Form submitted a minimum of 21 days in advance. Events may be postponed or cancelled if we do not have this information. Contact Bryony to submit the form or for more information.
- Include as much information about your session in the ‘General Notes’ section - we don’t want any surprises!
- Many bookings are end to end - make sure you are ready to leave at the end of your booked time.
- All meeting rooms close at 22:00 with no exceptions.
- Rooms can only be used if they have been booked on the online system.
- With the exception of the Lounge, only bookable rooms can be used for activities and events. Please do not use the corridors for any activity without first discussing your plans with SU Staff.
- Listen and adhere to all advice and instruction given by Security or SU Staff.
- Any amendments to a booking on the day can only be made during office hours, get in touch for amendments.
Booking privileges may be limited if any of the above is not adhered to. Please be good!