Room Bookings for Student Groups
Student Groups are able to book rooms in the SU and in buildings across the University. Rooms are free to book for affiliated groups but you may need to pay for additional requirements such as equipment hire, staff, security costs and catering.
SU Room Bookings
Booking Commercial Venues in the SU
If you want to book Y Plas, the Great Hall, Y Stiwdio or the Lodge, please follow the Booking procedure outlined below. This will ensure your booking is made as quickly and smoothly as possible. We recommend getting them in nice and early as our commercial venues get booked up really quickly!
- Speak to Bryony in person or drop her an email on Societies@cardiff.ac.uk.
- If a suitable booking is possible, the venue will be placed on HOLD and a Venues Inquiry Form will be emailed back to you.
- Return the completed form to SUEvents@cardiff.ac.uk.
- SU Events will review the form, issue a quote for any setup/equipment hire/staff costs and, if you are happy, CONFIRM the booking.
You can find out more information by downloading our Events Pack ENG | CY.
University Room Bookings
Student Groups can book a variety of rooms in the University using the University Room Booking Form. Only committee members can access this form - contact Bryony if you cannot access it.
Regular Room Bookings
Student Groups can book SU rooms on a regular basis using the Regular Room Booking Form. All SU rooms can be booked on a regular basis, including commercial venues, and bookings are made per semester.
The deadline for making SU Regular Room Bookings for the Autumn Semester is 14th June 2019 at 5pm. These bookings will be active from Monday 23rd September to Sunday 15th December 2019.
If you want to book University Rooms on a regular basis, you can use the University Room Booking Form. Regular bookings can be made at any point in the year for any length of time, subject to availability.
Guest speakers at any of your events must be declared to the Union using a Guest Speaker Form. This must be done at least 21 days in advance (3 weeks before your event). For bookings in the SU, you must complete a Guest Speaker Form and return it to Bryony. For bookings in a University room, Guest Speaker information should be declared on the University Room Booking Form when making any bookings.
University Sport Facilities
Student Groups can hire University Sport Facilities at any of the following sites (depending on availability):
- Cardiff University Sports Training Village - Talybont
- Cardiff University Fitness and Squash Centre - Sengennydd Road
- Cardiff University Strength and Conditioning Centre - Park Place
- Cardiff University Sports Fields - Llanrumney
Further information on each facility can be found here.
If you'd like to make an enquiry about a booking within the next 7 days you should contact the relevant centre reception. If you'd like to make an enquiry about a booking beyond 7 days you can email SportBookings.
Please note that all bookings will be charged at student rates and bookees are responsible for making payment.