Welsh Language Policy
Here at Cardiff University we have a thriving community of Welsh speaking students. Your Society could benefit and appeal to a wider range of audience using bilingual promotion. We encourage all societies to use the Welsh Language within their communications.
What sort of stuff could you translate?
- Social Media posts (Posting some key messages in both languages)
- Posters / Screens around the building
- Power points at major events
- Promotional material for Freshers’ Fayres etc
- At the Students’ Union we have a Welsh Language Policy and we are here to facilitate committees and societies to use the Welsh Language within the society.
We have created a Welsh Bible with phrases that you can use throughout the year. Download the Welsh Bible here.
As well as information and short phrases within this Welsh Bible, we also offer a free translation service to clubs, societies, associations and student led services on request:
The process of receiving translations
- Send your translation to GwynJonesS@Cardiff.ac.uk with the subject (Society Name – Translation Request)
- For anything under 50 words, you will receive back in 2 working days. For anything between 50 – 100 words you will receive back in 3 working days and so on.
- To avoid disappointment (if our Welsh Language Coordinator is away on annual leave) please send the translation 7 days in advance.
- There will be no charge for your society for this service.
The above information is all on the Welsh Bible.