The Jobshop will be moving online from Wednesday 18th March.  During this period, we will be unable to offer new student registrations.  We will be available for all enquiries via email.  You can contact us at

Payroll dates will continue as normal.

Please note that if you are applying for CUROP/CUSIEP, you are still able to submit your application even if you do not have a Jobshop registration card.  Students who do not have a Jobshop card may upload an image of a brief note indicating your intention to register before commencement of the placement.

We understand that this is a stressful time for everyone, so please be assured that we are here to help with any queries or concerns you may have. 

If you find yourself in financial difficulties during this time, you will of course be able to make an application to the financial assistance programme administered by University money and support team. More information on this can be found here. 

Also, please don’t forget that you can access your Student Advice service:

Looking for casual employment while studying at Cardiff University?

The Jobshop is a free student employment service which aims to find casual employment for registered Cardiff University students. Opportunities are available within the University, the Students' Union and with local employers.

Assignments offered include bar, catering, admin / clerical, retail and manual handling work amongst others. These can vary in length from just a few hours work to more regular on-going work. For the majority of our vacancies you do not need any prior experience, just lots of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn!

Please note that you must not start any work or related training until BOTH steps of the Jobshop registration process have been completed and you are in possession of a valid Jobshop registration card for the current academic year.

It is also strongly advised that you take a look at our Privacy Notice and Data Sharing Agreements so you can see how we use your data as part of signing up for the Jobshop service.


Before you are able to use the Jobshop, you will need to complete BOTH steps of our registration process.

Step 1:

Click here to complete our sign-up form.

Apply Online 

Step 2:

Bring your student ID card and ORIGINAL passport to the Jobshop for a Right to Work check (you can find us on the Skills Hub on the 2nd Floor of the Students' Union building on Park Place) between 11am-2pm Monday-Friday. If you’re based at the Heath campus and it’s difficult to get to the main SU building, you can register for the Jobshop at the Students' Union at the Heath (opening hours vary, please call ahead to the Students' Union at the Heath on 02920 687657).

Once both steps of the registration process have been completed, you'll be issued with a Jobshop registration card and we will add your details to our database so that you start to receive regular updates about our job opportunities.  You must be fully registered/Right to Work checked at least 24 hours before undertaking any work or related training through the Jobshop.

Additional Requirements for Non-EEA Students

Non-EEA students must also provide their Tier 4 visa or biometric residence permit (BRP) and proof of term/vacation dates for the current academic year.  Students on a Tier 4 visa are limited to 10 or 20 hours work per week (Monday - Sunday) during term time and we therefore require proof of the term dates for your course and any designated holiday before we can complete your Right to Work check.

Undergraduate students can find their term dates on the University website.

Taught Postgraduate students will need to obtain a copy of their specific course/vacation dates from their School/ course administrator.  Some courses may provide these dates on the School website. 

Research Postgraduate students do not have formal vacation periods. It is, therefore, Cardiff University policy that PhD students can be employed for a maximum of 20 hours per week for the duration of their studies and as such, they are not required to provide proof of term dates.

We will not be able to complete registration/Right to Work check for Tier 4 students without confirmation of vacation dates. All letters must be on University headed paper and need to be signed and stamped by a member of University staff from your department.

It is your responsibility to ensure the TOTAL number of hours you work each week between Monday-Sunday does not exceed the number shown on your Tier 4 visa or BRP. Please note that this must include any voluntary work as well as paid work.


Once you have been offered some work through us, you will be required to complete a bank/tax form and student contract so that we can pay you for your work (links to these forms can be found below). Your bank details will then be held by us for the rest of the academic year unless there is a period of 12 weeks or more during which you don't undertake any work through us (in which case you will be taken off the payroll and we will send you a P45 as confirmation of termination of employment). If you subsequently take further employment through us, you will need to ensure you complete new forms. 

Downloadable Jobshop Forms

Bank/Tax Form

Bank/Tax Form (Welsh)

Student Contract

Once completed please email all forms to




To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERJobs (, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERJobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.


Jobshop on Facebook
Jobshop on Twitter