Speak Week takes place every year during February and is a University wide project that gives Reps an opportunity to talk to students. The Student Voice team coordinate various events throughout the week and organise stalls across the University. At the stalls student will be able to pick up Speak Week comment cards and provide their feedback.
In Speak Week 2016 we collected over 2,200 responses from students. Here’s a report highlighting what students thought, ideas and improvements were for: Speak Week Report.
Got an idea about how you can get involved in Speak Week? Drop us an email or pop in to see us on the 3rd floor of the Students' Union.
This year we are holding Speak week between 6th - 10th February 2017. Reps can get involved either in activities we are arranging or in your own course specific activities, if your school has arranged something.
We want students to give their views of their overall Student Experience. Tell us about anything and everything. Do you have ideas for your course, the library, learning resources, facilities? Tell us all about it, it doesn’t matter if it’s a small idea or a massive one.
Speak Week events from 2016
- In the week leading up to Speak Week Chairs of Student Staff Panels came together to have their schools voice heard to discuss College wide issues, meeting with College Deans and key University staff
Speak Week Carnival
- To kick of the campaign the Student Voice team hosted this interactive events in Y Plas to gather student feedback. We had Candyfloss, Popcorn, Hook-a-duck, Gian skittles, Coconut shy, tin can alley, serving as a fun way to interact with students and talk about their University experience.
Postgrad Tea and Cake
- The Vice President Postgraduate Students hosted an event in the Grad Centre to bring together the postgraduate community to talk about your experience as a research student or a taught student. Discussions focused on welfare issues, academic support and postgrad induction all washed down with a cup of tea and cake!
Student Rep Conference
- On the Thursday the annual Student Rep Conference took place, hosted by the Vice President Education which aimed to bring together Reps to talk about shared experiences, employability and career development
- The International Students Officer engaged with students in the Lounge and around the Students' Union to discuss issues relating to international students on the final day of Speak Week.
Speak Week stalls across campus
- Every day of Speak Week a stall was hosted in the Students' Union, for students to fill in cards, with the Heath Park running a stall on the Tuesday
- Across the University academic Schools held stalls locally from Bioscience to English to Engineering
– Throughout the week you will see Stalls around campus where you can fill out Speak Week card with any thought and ideas you have. Fancy being on a stall and talking to students? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line ‘Speak Week Stall’.