Live in halls? As a part of our residential life’s teams’ commitment to making the student experience more enjoyable in Residences, they are pleased to let you know that they will be subsidizing the first £5.00 of your trip ticket! This is for the first 20 students currently staying in University managed accommodation to purchase a ticket. Residence life offer free events and activities to students living in halls, as well as providing support and guidance to help you during your time in halls of residence.
The highest point in South Wales, Pen y Fan (pronounced Pen uh Van) is a beautiful four mile hike with stunning views as far as the Bristol channel, the Gower Peninsular and the Cambrian mountains. 250,000 people make this climb each year, so you’d be missing out to leave Wales without doing it.
The Brecon Beacons, where Pen y Fan is situated, has been a National Park for over 60 years. The park is full of mountains and valleys and much is it is grazed by ponies and mountain sheep, which help to make the vast, rural mountain range what it is today.
The walk is about four miles in total, 2 miles and up and 2 miles back time with plenty of time at the summit for lunch and photo opportunities! The route we will take is the most relaxed way to the summit and is often used by families with young children and considered a manageable walk. And with 98% of the 971 trip advisor reviews describing this walk as ‘excellent’ or ‘very good’, it’s fair to say it’s worth the hike!
Important Information and Summary of Terms & Conditions
This is a summary of the terms & conditions for Give it a Go trips. Full terms and conditions can be found here: https://www.cardiffstudents.com/activities/give-it-a-go/faq/ Please note that in the case of any discrepancies, the terms & conditions on this page overrule the full terms & conditions.
- The times listed on the event are from when the coach will leave the Student Union in the morning, until an approximate arrival back to Cardiff. Arrival times back are subject to traffic, weather and road conditions, which are beyond our control, so we cannot guarantee exact time of arrival.
- The trips will go ahead regardless of weather conditions, so please do come prepared. This excludes extreme or dangerous weather, where we would of course cancel for your safety. In this event you would be offered the option between a full refund or a rescheduled date (where it is possible to reschedule).
- All Give it a Go events are non-refundable. When you sign up we pay your money directly to the coach company and/or the attraction, so are bound by refund rules ourselves. In the very rare case a trip needs to be cancelled by us, you will of course receive a full refund (or opportunity to transfer to another trip if you preferred).
- If you can no longer attend the trip, there may be the opportunity to transfer you tickets to another trip. This will be done on a case by case basis and is not guaranteed. There will be a £5 admin fee to change trips, plus the difference in price if the trip you are transferring to costs more than the original ticket cost. Requests to transfer tickets after 3pm on the last working day before the trip will not granted. Transfers must be between trips in the same academic year. To enquire about transferring your ticket, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, student number, the trip that you’d like transferring from and the trip you’d like to be transferred to and we will try our best to assist.
- If you will not be catching the return coach, please let your trip leader know. If you will not be catching the outbound coach, please email email@example.com no later than Friday at 5pm before the trip. If you do not do this, your seat may be forfeited.
Photo Credit: Samuel Thompson on Unsplash