The dramatic ruins of Corfe Castle dominate the sleepy Purbeck hills. With over 1,000 years of history, the castle has seen its fair share of history, from the Anglo Saxons, the Norman’s in 1066, through to being a private house in Elizabethan times and now being a popular attraction and even a filming location. From the top of the castle you look down on the idyllic village below, with its beautiful stone houses and the church of St Edward in its centre.
The rest of the day will be spent in Swanage, the most Eastern town of the Jurassic Coast. From the seafront are spectacular views over the coastline, especially from the historic pier, where you can spot Old Harry’s rocks jutting out to sea. The town itself has menagerie of independent shops and coffee houses, or you could simply opt to have a traditional fish and chip supper on the beach -washed down with an ice cream of course!
Important Information and Summary of Terms & Conditions
This is a summary of the terms & conditions for Give it a Go trips. Full terms and conditions can be found here: https://www.cardiffstudents.com/activities/give-it-a-go/faq/ Please note that in the case of any discrepancies, the terms & conditions on this page overrule the full terms & conditions.
- The times listed on the event are from when the coach will leave the Student Union in the morning, until an approximate arrival back to Cardiff. Arrival times back are subject to traffic, weather and road conditions, which are beyond our control, so we cannot guarantee exact time of arrival.
- The trips will go ahead regardless of weather conditions, so please do come prepared. This excludes extreme or dangerous weather, where we would of course cancel for your safety. In this event you would be offered the option between a full refund or a rescheduled date (where it is possible to reschedule).
- All Give it a Go events are non-refundable. When you sign up we pay your money directly to the coach company and/or the attraction, so are bound by refund rules ourselves. In the very rare case a trip needs to be cancelled by us, you will of course receive a full refund (or opportunity to transfer to another trip if you preferred).
- If you can no longer attend the trip, there may be the opportunity to transfer you tickets to another trip. This will be done on a case by case basis and is not guaranteed. There will be a £5 admin fee to change trips, plus the difference in price if the trip you are transferring to costs more than the original ticket cost. Requests to transfer tickets after 3pm on the last working day before the trip will not granted. Transfers must be between trips in the same academic year. To enquire about transferring your ticket, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, student number, the trip that you’d like transferring from and the trip you’d like to be transferred to and we will try our best to assist.
- If you will not be catching the return coach, please let your trip leader know. If you will not be catching the outbound coach, please email email@example.com no later than Friday at 5pm before the trip. If you do not do this, your seat may be forfeited.
Photo Credit: Barry Marsh on Flickr