This trip is now sold out however, there may still be a chance of getting a seat on the day, if anyone with a booking fails to turn up. Should you wish to do this, please go to the Ground floor entrance of the Student Union at 12 noon on 24th September and speak to the GIAG team, who will be wearing green Give it a Go t-shirts. People who do this are usually sucessful in getting a seat but this is not guarenteed.
Escape the city and make the most of the end of summer by joining us on a beach day! Barry island is celebrated for being a glorious British seaside resort that takes us back to family holidays by the sea. Complete with a stunning beach, a seaside promenade, amusement parks and arcades for you to re-live your childhood seaside memories, you’re sure to have a fun-filled day out before term begins.
Important Information and Summary of Terms & Conditions
This is a summary of the terms & conditions for Give it a Go trips. Full terms and conditions can be found here: https://www.cardiffstudents.com/activities/give-it-a-go/faq/ Please note that in the case of any discrepancies, the terms & conditions on this page overrule the full terms & conditions.
- The times listed on the event are from when the coach will leave the Student Union, until an approximate arrival back to Cardiff. Arrival times back are subject to traffic, weather and road conditions, which are beyond our control, so we cannot guarantee exact time of arrival.
- The trips will go ahead regardless of weather conditions, so please do come prepared. This excludes extreme or dangerous weather, where we would of course cancel for your safety. In this event you would be offered the option between a full refund or a rescheduled date (where it is possible to reschedule).
- All Give it a Go events are non-refundable. When you sign up we pay your money directly to the coach company and/or the attraction, so are bound by refund rules ourselves. In the very rare case a trip needs to be cancelled by us, you will of course receive a full refund (or opportunity to transfer to another trip if you preferred).
- If you can no longer attend the trip, there may be the opportunity to transfer you tickets to another trip. This will be done on a case by case basis by the activities team and is not guaranteed. There will be a £5 admin fee to change trips, plus the difference in price if the trip you are transferring to costs more than the original ticket cost. Requests to transfer tickets after 3pm on the last working day before the trip will not granted. To enquire about transferring your ticket, please email email@example.com with your name, student number, the trip that you’d like transferring from and the trip you’d like to be transferred to and we will try our best to assist.
- If you will not be catching the return coach, please let your trip leader know. If you will not be catching the outbound coach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday at 5pm before the trip. If you do not do this, your seat may be forfeited.
Image Credit: Steve Daniels