With beautiful rolling hills and charming stone cottages, the Cotswolds are the utopian Britain we all imagine, so you won’t be surprised to find out that this officially an area of outstanding natural beauty. We’ll start off in the village of Castle Combe, where the even the newest house dates from around 1600! Next stop is Bourton on the Water, Known as ‘Venice of the Cotswolds’, for the tranquil river running through the centre and the multitude of petite arched bridges. You could choose to visit a model village, replicating the town in the 1930s and taking you back to a simpler time, or you could visit the some of the local shops, such as the olde curiosity shop. If you’re feeling hungry, savour a cream tea or relax in one of the historical pubs and have a leisurely lunch. Before heading back, we’ll visit the small but delightful market town of Stow-on-the-Wold, one of the best known and historically most important of the Cotswold towns.
Important Information and Summary of Terms & Conditions
This is a summary of the terms & conditions for Give it a Go trips. Full terms and conditions can be found here: https://www.cardiffstudents.com/activities/give-it-a-go/faq/ Please note that in the case of any discrepancies, the terms & conditions on this page overrule the full terms & conditions.
- The times listed on the event are from when the coach will leave the Student Union in the morning, until an approximate arrival back to Cardiff. Arrival times back are subject to traffic, weather and road conditions, which are beyond our control, so we cannot guarantee exact time of arrival.
- The trips will go ahead regardless of weather conditions, so please do come prepared. This excludes extreme or dangerous weather, where we would of course cancel for your safety. In this event you would be offered the option between a full refund or a rescheduled date (where it is possible to reschedule).
- All Give it a Go events are non-refundable. When you sign up we pay your money directly to the coach company and/or the attraction, so are bound by refund rules ourselves. In the very rare case a trip needs to be cancelled by us, you will of course receive a full refund (or opportunity to transfer to another trip if you preferred).
- If you can no longer attend the trip, there may be the opportunity to transfer you tickets to another trip. This will be done on a case by case basis by the activities team and is not guaranteed. There will be a £5 admin fee to change trips, plus the difference in price if the trip you are transferring to costs more than the original ticket cost. Requests to transfer tickets after 3pm on the last working day before the trip will not granted. To enquire about transferring your ticket, please email email@example.com with your name, student number, the trip that you’d like transferring from and the trip you’d like to be transferred to and we will try our best to assist.
- If you will not be catching the return coach, please let your trip leader know. If you will not be catching the outbound coach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday at 5pm before the trip. If you do not do this, your seat may be forfeited.
Image Credit: Marek Omasta on Unsplash