Shrouded in mystery, Stonehenge is one of the UK’s most recognisable and fascinating icons. We’ll never know for certain why – or how - our ancestors brought these Welsh Stones to the beautiful rolling countryside in rural Wiltshire. You’ll also get to visit the idyllic cathedral city of Salisbury, home to the tallest spire in the UK.
It is believed that Stonehenge is 5,000 years old – erected over 2000 years before Christ. Some historians have suggested that it served as an ancient calendar; the sun rises over the centre of the circle at summer solstice, the longest day of the year. Others have suggested that it was an ancient heeling site or a temple and place of worship. Come and make your mind up for yourself!
The remainder of the day is spent exploring the lovely city of Salisbury. The Cathedral is a landmark on the horizon from the surrounding countryside and it is every bit spectacular inside as you’d expect. Additionally, it is home to the Magna Carta, an 803-year-old symbol of justice, which still impacts our lives today. Outside of the cathedral, you can take a stroll through the city gate and perhaps treat yourselves in one of the independent tea shops.
Stonehenge Entry Tickets Included
Important Information and Summary of Terms & Conditions
This is a summary of the terms & conditions for Give it a Go trips. Full terms and conditions can be found here: https://www.cardiffstudents.com/activities/give-it-a-go/faq/ Please note that in the case of any discrepancies, the terms & conditions on this page overrule the full terms & conditions.
- The times listed on the event are from when the coach will leave the Student Union in the morning, until an approximate arrival back to Cardiff. Arrival times back are subject to traffic, weather and road conditions, which are beyond our control, so we cannot guarantee exact time of arrival.
- The trips will go ahead regardless of weather conditions, so please do come prepared. This excludes extreme or dangerous weather, where we would of course cancel for your safety. In this event you would be offered the option between a full refund or a rescheduled date (where it is possible to reschedule).
- All Give it a Go events are non-refundable. When you sign up we pay your money directly to the coach company and/or the attraction, so are bound by refund rules ourselves. In the very rare case a trip needs to be cancelled by us, you will of course receive a full refund (or opportunity to transfer to another trip if you preferred).
- If you can no longer attend the trip, there may be the opportunity to transfer you tickets to another trip. This will be done on a case by case basis by the activities team and is not guaranteed. There will be a £5 admin fee to change trips, plus the difference in price if the trip you are transferring to costs more than the original ticket cost. Requests to transfer tickets after 3pm on the last working day before the trip will not granted. To enquire about transferring your ticket, please email email@example.com with your name, student number, the trip that you’d like transferring from and the trip you’d like to be transferred to and we will try our best to assist.
- If you will not be catching the return coach, please let your trip leader know. If you will not be catching the outbound coach, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday at 5pm before the trip. If you do not do this, your seat may be forfeited.