Social Media Posts
Personal Professional Development
SKIP aims to develop globally and culturally aware students who can advocate for local and international health progress as future professionals.
- Project - We take applications for our summer project to Livingstone, Zambia around November time every year. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, not to be missed. Each member can take on their own role from Group Leader to First Aider. The project typically runs for 4 weeks in June and/or July (dependent on interest).
- Training New Trainers - This national training event equips you with the skills to train adults and facilitate engaging discussions. Subseqquently, you become part of the national training network and can train at national SKIP events and for our affiliates too! Events like these would typically cost hundreds of pounds but as a member of SKIP you can attend this training weekend for free!
It was one of the best things I ever did in SKIP - TNT broke me out of my shell and allowed me to grow into the person I am today.The level of management, team working and strategic planning skills I gained whilst still a student has frequently put me ahead of my peers and my experience with the charity I know will shape my future career
- Branch Committee -We are constantly working to improve the quality of our project, responding to recent research. Involvement in quality improvement projects is a very desirable attribute that will help with future job applications!
- National Opportunities - There are a number of national events each year. We encourage you to participate as much as possible since the more you put in, the more you get out! The biannual SKIP Conferences are an opportunity to discuss with students from other branches that run projects all over the world and also to receive training and attend global health talks.
- Once you have been on branch committee for one year and attended a national event, you can apply to join national committee. This is an excellent acheivement to show off on your CV and a great opportunity to develop new skills
Please log in to view the committee.