Cardiff University is proud to present… The Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Women’s Health Society.
As the number of women in medicine is at its all-time high, we were surprised to find that there was no specialist Women’s Health or Obstetrics and Gynaecology society here in Cardiff.
These fantastic specialities are fast-paced, constantly changing and the perfect pairing between nursing, medicine and surgery.
We want to create a network of students with an interest in these areas, and provide a society that allows its members to expand their knowledge and skills within the field.
As a society we aim to:
· inspire and educate students in aspects of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Women’s health that are not currently featured on the curriculum
· raise awareness of topical health issues e.g FGM
· set-up anatomy revision sessions and OSCE/ISCE practise
· organise trips to conferences e.g RCOG
· create a group for networking with others with the same interests, including members and experts in the field
· improve links between all branches of healthcare, for example medics, midwives and nurses
…and much much more!
Please log in to view the committee.
A Women's Health, Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society election
9 posts are up for election.
Nominations close at 00:00 on Friday 31 May 2019 (in 4 days and 15 hours)
The polls open at 09:00 on Sunday 2 June 2019 (in 7 days)