Our Clean Sport Commitment
Clean Sport Commitment Statement
All sporting participants have the right to compete in Clean Sport.
Cardiff University adopts the UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) and World Anti- Doping Agency (WADA) position that cheating, including doping, in sport is fundamentally contrary to the spirit of sport, undermining the otherwise positive impact of sport on society.
To this end Cardiff University commits to support Clean Sport in the UK in the following ways:
- Cardiff University supports the mission of UK Anti-Doping and WADA in achieving Clean Sport.
- All athletes are expected to play, train and compete in line with the spirit of sport, including the Anti-Doping rules.
- All coaches and athlete support personnel are expected to perform their role in line with the spirit of sport, including the Anti-Doping rules.
- Cardiff University is committed to supporting the prevention of doping behaviour in the UK in collaboration with other sporting bodies.
- Employed and associated ‘staff’ will not condone, assist or in any way support the use of prohibited substances and methods (unless permitted by a Therapeutic Use Exemption) in any aspects of their work.
- Breaches of this, or any rules/policies referred to in Cardiff University own code of practice/conduct will be acted upon accordingly.
- All employed and associated staff will be expected to contact UK Anti-Doping should they become aware of an athlete or NGB member using or considering the usage of a prohibited substance or prohibited method. This contact should be done in confidence on the dedicated confidential Report Doping in Sport line.
- Cardiff University will uphold any sanctions placed upon an athlete by UK Anti-Doping or other associated body in accordance with the World Anti-Doping Code.
How we support Clean Sport
Cardiff University is committed to playing our part in keeping the values and power of sport intact, and instill an ethos of clean sport as a valued and integral part of sporting life at Cardiff University, from recreational to elite sport.
Cardiff University and Athletic Union are committed to allowing UKAD to test members'
testing in the public interest
Further details about UK Anti-Doping and WADA can be found at;
www.ukad.org.uk and www.wada-ama.org/ respectively.
Anti-Doping Points of Contact
Maddy Scott, Activities Coordinator - Safety, Wellbeing and Development
Email | Tel: 029 2078 1437
Cardiff University Sport - High Performance Programme
Clare Daley, Performance Sport Officer
Email | Tel: +44 (0)29 2087 9715
Twitter | Website