Metropolis Music Presents... FONTAINES DC
plus special guests
Price: £30 (plus £3.75 booking fee*)
This event is strictly 14+
This is the re-schduled show from the 21st May 2021. All tickets remain valid for the new date.
NHS staff and Key Workers will also have the chance to secure free tickets to the shows, with 50 being made available at all regional events, and a further 200 for London’s Alexandra Palace. Tickets will be distributed on a first come first served basis, and anyone wishing to apply must email firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00pm BST on Tuesday 30th June, listing their profession and the show they want to attend. Tickets will be limited to 2 per customer. ID will be required.
The news of the tour follows the announcement of the band’s much anticipated second LP “A Hero’s Death”, and comes on the heels of their performance on Later… with Jools Holland earlier this month – watch their remote performance HERE.
‘A Hero’s Death’ was produced in London by Dan Carey (Black Midi, Bat For Lashes). The band announced the album alongside the title track, which features a music video starring Aidan Gillen (Game of Thrones, The Wire, Peaky Blinders). Watch HERE.
The band have also recently shared the opening track from the album. With its lonely intensity, “I Don’t Belong” stands in stark relief to the swagger that kicked off their debut album last year ("Big"). The song is also accompanied by a music video directed remotely by FDC bassist Connor Deegan III. Watch HERE.
‘Dogrel’ debuted Top 10 on the UK album charts, earning Fontaines D.C. a Mercury Prize nomination, #1 Album of the Year positions from BBC 6 Music and Rough Trade, a performance on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and numerous sold out tours in the UK and abroad – including triumphantly selling out London Brixton Academy in just 1 week. The Guardian (who gave the album 5 stars) praised ‘Dogrel’ as being “brilliant, top to bottom,” The FADER called Fontaines D.C. “One of the most exciting new bands around,” and NME (who also gave ‘Dogrel’ 5 stars) called them “One of guitar music’s most essential new voices.” Watch a clip from their instantly legendary Glastonbury set HERE.
Terms & Conditions
1. This event is for fans only and these special conditions are in place to ensure that tickets are purchased for personal use only and are not resold for profit and/or through unauthorised resale sites.
2.A strict limit of 4 tickets per person (and per household) per event applies in the general sale / 2 tickets per person per event applies in the presale. Any tickets purchased over this limit may be cancelled and invalidated (in which case you will be refunded).
3. Tickets must not be purchased with the intention of reselling them for commercial purposes and/or profit. Businesses or traders purchasing tickets for commercial use or commercial intent will have their orders cancelled.
4. Only genuine mobile tickets will be accepted for entry (we’ll give you full instructions on how to access your mobile tickets after you book). If you purchased more than one ticket, your guests must be with you at time of entry. Print outs and/or screenshots of mobile tickets will not be accepted for entry.
5. If you can no longer use your tickets and are not eligible for an exchange or refund, you may resell them through authorised resale sites. These are: Ticketmaster Fan to Fan Exchange or Twickets (please check artist page on metropolismusic.com for further details).
6. You may not resell or offer to resell tickets for this event through any unauthorised resale site such as Viagogo or Stubhub, or for commercial purposes and/or profit.
7.Any tickets purchased, resold or offered for resale in breach of these special conditions may be cancelled and invalidated (in which case you will be refunded).
8. In the event of any inconsistency between these special conditions and any other applicable terms and conditions, these special conditions will apply.
COVID-19 Entry Policy
For entry, you will need to demonstrate your COVID-19 status by providing either:
- Proof of a negative NHS Rapid Lateral Flow Test (such test to be taken within 24 hours prior to attending the event at the venue); or
- Proof of full vaccination - both doses received (with the second at least 14 days prior to the arrival at the venue); or
- Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of arrival at the venue (and after the 10-day self-isolation period following the result)
Cardiff University Student’s Union and Cardiff Union Services Limited are acting as agents on behalf of METROPOLIS MUSIC in the sale of tickets for this event (excluding any booking fees, Venue restoration levy and postage).
Admission to an event is at all times subject to any terms, conditions or rules of the Promoter and the venue operator. You must also adhere to the Promoter or venue operator’s specific terms of entry and protocols surrounding Covid-19 – this could be, but is not limited to, an obligation to provide negative lateral flow tests or provide vaccination certificates. If you do not comply with any Promoter or venue terms, conditions or rules then the Promoter or venue operator may refuse admission or require you or other ticket holders to leave the venue and you will not be entitled to a refund.