Spring is now in full swing, and we have decided to put together a fun set of tips and challenges so that we can all start being active and taking care of ourselves.
We completely understand that fitness and wellbeing are different for everyone, and that’s why we planned a variety of activities and resources for you to follow along. Throughout the month, we’ll focus on getting active, getting mindful and getting outside – you can find out more below!
We’ll share our tips on mental wellbeing, running, walking, meditation, small every day changes we can all make and so many others, all designed to keep a healthy mind and body!
We will be having stalls in Cathays and at the Heath to promote Spring in Your Step.
Come say hey and sign up for activities, spin the wheel to get a freebie (Spring in Your Step t-shirts, gym passes and more) and show us how you are getting active, outside or mindful to enter our big giveaway!
If you are not able to come along to the stalls but would like to get involved, please e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To stay fit and healthy, the NHS recommends you get at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity a week, or around 20 to 30 minutes a day.
You can do this in many ways. We have put up a series of events and activities throughout May for you to get involved and get active in whatever way you can!
Why not sign up for the GIAG events held by our societies? Or come see us in the stall for a chance to win a day gym pass?
Being mindful and relaxing helps us to stay healthy, incorporating activities to help us wind down after a long day of lectures, revision or placement and is essential for our physical and mental health. We will be promoting activities for mindfulness and relaxation during the last week of Spring in Your Step and will also be handing our wellbeing packs. If you are not able to come along to the stalls but would like one, please e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top recommendations of local places to visit from our Wonderful Students’ Union Staff:
A little bit further afield
- Cefn Onn Park & Two Ridges - Walk across the North of Cardiff with views to Somerset on a sunny day!
- Cardiff bay and Wetlands – You can either get the train or cycle down to Cardiff Bay and enjoy this simple walk around enjoying all the sights.
- The Pentyrch Viewing Platform – This walk has a spectacular view from a height. This trip is well worth a visit.
- Salmon Leaps Walks – Starting at Dinas Powys, this walk combines the Wales Coast path with the picturesque beauty of inland Vale.
- Castle Coch - Fairy-tale castle was a plaything for the rich and powerful
- St. Fagans Museum of Welsh History - St Fagans is one of Europe's leading open–air museums and Wales's most popular heritage attraction. Discover how people lived and worked in Wales in the past by visiting one of our many original re-erected historic buildings.
Great Websites to follow for more ideas:
Free walking and cycling map of Cardiff
Next Bike Website