Signing Up For A Skills Development Service Workshop/Course
- Log in using normal university user ID
- Go to the SDS home page and scroll to the bottom and click on the "join" button - your membership will be added to your basket, you need to “check out” the basket, just as you would when shopping online. You will not be charged for membership.
- Now go to https://www.cardiffstudents.com/whatson/skills/ Select the workshop(s) you wish to attend and book yourself in. Please note bookings will be displayed but most won't open until around 2-3 weeks prior to attending.
- Make a note of the date, times and locations of the workshop(s).
- While we are running workshops virtually we will send you an invitation to your booked session shortly after 10am on the actual day.
To enquire about externally-certified courses email John Steele or telephone 029 20781489.
By signing up to this membership you are accepting the fact that you will receive information concerning Skills Development Service events and other employability, skills and development information from Cardiff University and associated organisations of the Skills Development Service.
You can find out more about how we will use your data by viewing our Privacy Notice.
Cancelling A Skills Development Service Workshop/Course
Please email SDS@cf.ac.uk with the details of the workshop(s) you wish to cancel by no later than the start time of the workshop(s). In the case of Saturday Emergency 1st Aid courses you must inform us by 12pm on the Friday before, indicating whether you would like a refund or transfer of booking to a later date. If you are unable to attend and do not cancel your place you will be marked as a "failing to attend" and risk being removed from Skills Development Service membership. In the case of Emergency 1st Aid courses you risk losing your payment.
Please contact us here if you have any other queries.
Cancelled Workshops/Courses by SDS
We reserve the right to cancel or postpone a workshop/course if there are found to be less than the feasible numbers having signed up. We consider that a minimum of 6 sign ups are required for the workshop/course to run. Sometimes other teaching priorities may restrict SDS staff so that a workshop may be postponed to a later date. We will always advise those who have signed up in these instances and will endeavour to re-arrange later alternatives.