Cardiff • Thu 10 October 2019 12:00-13:00
Bare Necessities teams up with Womens Aid and they need a volunteer podcast technician
We are providing volunteer placements for students and young people who are looking to develop their skills in audio journalism or sound engineering, in a professional not-for-profit environment.
- Experience or study of sound recording and editing/audio journalism;
- A basic interest in and understanding of the issues around domestic and sexual violence, and more broadly, violence against women and girls (guidance and training will be given);
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Confident with technology, particularly recording equipment and editing software.
- Access to recording equipment, e.g. at college or university.
Working closely with the Community Engagement Officer, this post will be responsible for:
- Developing our new Women Work Wonders podcast;
- Recording, editing and producing the podcast;
- Opportunity to get involved in interviewing for the podcast, if desired.
- Opportunity for in-depth learning about domestic abuse and violence against women, especially activism and campaigning on the topic;
- A chance to develop your skills in a truly meaningful way, which will bring education and stories about domestic abuse, violence against women and women’s activism to a wide audience.
- Initial training and further training as required;
- Out-of-pocket expenses paid.
- Hours are flexible and to be agreed at or after interview.
- Working in a friendly, supportive environment which values your contribution.
If you think this may be you sign up by 'buying' a free ticket and we will be in touch, Deadline 10th October 2019, If person is found before this date we will stop taking interest applications.