Birmingham Day Trip
Students' Union, Senghennydd Road • Sat 01 December 2018 09:00-20:00
(Event photograph is Birmingham, Central Library by Martin Pettitt)
Come along on our trip to Birmingham, the second largest city in the UK, renowned for its iconic Bullring Shopping Centre (great for Christmas Shopping!) and distinctive Brummie accent.
We're heading to Birmingham and you're invited! Join the Give It A Go Students Union team for a day trip to Birmingham, the UKs second largest city!
(Photograph is Birmingham, Bull by Martin Pettitt)
What should we expect in Birmingham
Birmingham is the UKs second city, home to the iconic modern Bullring Shopping Centre for all your Christmas Shopping needs. Birmingham is also home to historic markets, some of which are over 850 years old as well as Farmers Markets and the world-famous Jewellery quarter, the centre of the UKs jewlery crafting business. Birmingham is also one of the cultural centres of the UK, home to the Birmingham Museum and Arts Gallery and the Science Museum, aswell as the Barber Insitute of Fine Arts.
(Photograph is Birmingham, Canal Barge Trip by Martin Pettitt)
Instructions for Ticket Holders
- Turn up at the back of the Students' Union (Senghenydd Road) at 08:45 for a 09:00 departure.
- Have your e-receipt and student card ready for inspection. Your e-receipt will be a barcoded email sent to you after your purchased your ticket. If you do not have your e-receipt we will search for you on our passenger list, but this may cause delays.
- Please be dressed appropriately for a cold and windy day outside.
Our coaches will not wait for you if you are late. They will leave Cardiff Students' Union at 9am and Birmingham at 5pm. If you miss the return coach you will have to utilise public transport options to return.
(Photograph is Birmingham by Martin Pettitt)
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket is fantastic value and includes all coach transport to and from Birmingham. You're free to explore Birmingham in your own time and at your own pace!
The Give it a Go team will be with you, but you will be left to your own devices for the day.
What do I need to bring?
It is very important that you bring your e-receipt to show that you had paid for the trip. You can print this or show it to to us on your smart phone. Top tip: it has a barcode on it.
We would also advise all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. A coat, umbrella, hat, scarf and gloves would probably be smart.
- Any spending money you want
- A rucksack
- A bottle of water
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food when you get there.
Non Cardiff University Student Tickets
If you have some friends who want to come, but they aren't students, non-student tickets are available on the left-hand pink column.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where the trip is canceled by CUSU.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- We're pretty laid back in the SU, but participants must observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- Failure to adhere to instructions given by CUSU staff and guides may trigger the University's disciplinary procedure.
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. CUSU cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
- Please disclose any and all medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete the trip. CUSU will do everything it possibly can to ensure its activities are as accessible as they can be to as many people as they can be - but our guides need to know what to expect before we leave Cardiff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. A bit of drizzle never hurt anyone. If it rains, assume the trip will go ahead unless we tell you otherwise. Cancelation will only be the last resort option. We'll cancel the trip if the trip leader decides that weather conditions are so severe as to jeopardise the safety of the participants.
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up
Q. How do I redeem my ticket?
A. When you purchase a ticket you will recieve an email receipt of youir purchase. Though not a physical ticket, this is what we use for admission to our trips and is entirely valid.
Please do not worry if it turns out you are unable to locate your e-receipt on the day as our guides will have a list of everyone who has purchased a ticket for the trip.