End of Year Thorpe Park Trip
SU, Senghennydd Rd. • Fri 15 June 2018 08:00-19:30
THIS IS A STUDENT ONLY TRIP.
Celebrate the end of exams with our heavily discounted Thorpe Park trip! Transport and Entry Included.
Please note there are only a limited number of tickets available and that these are strictly non-refundable and non-transferable tickets.
The bus will leave at 8:00 outside the back of the SU and will leave Thorpe Park at 16:00.
You get a whole day in Thorpe Park, all entry and return transport included, for just £35 per person. That's over £30 cheaper than you would pay on the door with the cheapest transport arrangements from Cardiff. Put another way... it's an amazing Students' Union deal meaning you just can't go to Thorpe Park for cheaper.
What's Thorpe Park?
Thorpe Park is the iconic British Theme Park just 20 miles from the Centre of London. It houses signature attraction roller coaster and thrill rides such as Tidal Wave, Colossus, Nemesis Inferno, Stealth, Saw and the Swarm.
The Park is split into themed areas: Amity Cove, Calypso Quay, the Jungle, Canada Creek, Losts City, Swarm Island and 'Angry Birds Land'. It's a phenomenal day out offering something for everyone - that's why we're going there.
What do I need to bring?
Once you've bought your ticket that's pretty much it. Make sure you bring your student card, dry clothes for after the water rides, sun cream and any refreshments you'd like for the bus.
You are not permitted to consume alcohol on the bus. So bring sweets.
If you have any more questions after reading the below information, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for Ticket Holders
If you have bought a ticket please be waiting at the back of the Students' Union on Friday 15th June at 7:45 ready for a 8:00 leave.
You will need to bring your i) e-receipt and ii) student card
The coach will not wait for latecomers and no refund will be issued if you miss it.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable (and non-transferable) in all circumstances except where the trip is canceled by CUSU.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- We're pretty laid back in the SU, but participants must observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- Failure to adhere to instructions given by CUSU staff and guides may trigger the University's disciplinary procedure.
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. CUSU cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
- Please disclose any and all medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete the trip[. CUSU will do everything it possibly can to ensure its activities are as accessible as they can be to as many people as they can be - but our guides need to know what to expect before we leave Cardiff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. A bit of drizzle never hurt anyone. If it rains, assume the trip will go ahead unless we tell you otherwise. Cancelation will only be the last resort option. We'll cancel the trip if the trip leader decides that weather conditions are so severe as to jeopardise the safety of the participants.
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable, non-transferable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up