Glastonbury Day Trip
Students’ Union, Senghennydd Road • Sat 14 March 2020 10:00-19:00
This trip has been cancelled due to lack of interest
Delve into the mysticism and mythology with a visit the English market town of Glastonbury.
England's scenic landscapes are home to a mix of historic wonders and romantic legends, going back to Camelot and beyond. Tucked into the southwest corner of England is Glastonbury, one of the best places to contemplate the country's mythic past and a common stop for religious pilgrims.
Glastonbury was a religious site as far back as the Bronze Age — about 1500 B.C. It's considered the birthplace of Christianity in England, and the legendary burial site of King Arthur. Today, Glastonbury is popular with those on their own spiritual quest, and synonymous with its summer music and arts festival — one of the largest in the world. Part of the fun of a visit here is just being in a town where every other shop has a New Age focus, and where "alternative" is the norm.
What do our tickets include?
Because there is so much to do in Glastonbury, we have a few ticket options available:
Full Package – Visit Glastonbury with a guided walk of the Tor, entrance to Glastonbury Abbey and Chalice Well included
Glastonbury Abbey - Visit Glastonbury with a guided walk of the Tor and entrance to Glastonbury Abbey included
Just Glastonbury – Visit Glastonbury with a guided walk of the Tor. Entrance to the Abbey and Chalic Well not included.
Student tickets are researved for Cardiff University Students. Non Student tickets are available for either just Glastonbury or the full package so you can bring along your family & friends!
What do I need to bring?
This day trip is designed to be fairly easy-going! That said we would always strongly advice that all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Sturdy shoes or trainers
- Back pack
- A camera to snap some selfies
- At least two bottles of water
- Some money for souvenirs and snacks
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch.
Instructions for Ticket Holders
- Turn up at the back of the Students' Union (Senghenydd Road) at 09:45 for a 10:00 departure.
- Have your e-receipt and student card ready for inspection. Your e-receipt will be a barcoded email sent to you after you purchased your ticket. If you do not have your e-receipt we will search for you on our passenger list, but this may cause delays.
- Please be dressed appropriately for a cold and windy day outside.
- The coaches will be leaving Glastonbury, at the drop off point, at 17:00 exactly.
Our coaches will not wait for you if you are late. They will leave Cardiff Students' Union at 10am and Glastonbury at 5pm. If you miss the return coach you will have to utilise public transport options to return.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where the trip is cancelled by CUSU.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign-ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- We're pretty laid back in the SU, but participants must observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- Failure to adhere to instructions given by CUSU staff and guides may trigger the University's disciplinary procedure.
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. CUSU cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
- Please disclose any and all medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete the trip. CUSU will do everything it possibly can to ensure its activities are as accessible as they can be to as many people as they can be - but our guides need to know what to expect before we leave Cardiff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. A bit of drizzle never hurt anyone. If it rains, assume the trip will go ahead unless we tell you otherwise. Cancelation will only be the last resort option. We'll cancel the trip if the trip leader decides that weather conditions are so severe as to jeopardise the safety of the participants.
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up
Q. How do I redeem my ticket?
A. When you purchase a ticket you will receive an email receipt of your purchase. Though not a physical ticket, this is what we use for admission to our trips and is entirely valid.
Please do not worry if it turns out you are unable to locate your e-receipt on the day as our guides will have a list of everyone who has purchased a ticket for the trip.