Tenby Day Trip
Students’ Union, Senghennydd Road • Sun 01 March 2020 09:00-20:30
Meet at the back of the SU at 8:45 to arrive at 12:00. We will leave at the drop off point at 17:00 to arrive back at the SU at 20:30, giving you 5 hours to explore.
Spend a day away from city life and visit one of South Wales' most famous seaside town. Tenby is a fantastic beach day out nestled in the heart of Pembrokeshire.
Boasting stunning beaches, a walled harbour, amusements and shops - this is the perfect trip to the sea! If you've just moved to Cardiff this is a day out not to be missed!
9am departure from the back of the Students' Union. You'll be picked up at 5pm and brought straight back to Cardiff Students' Union.
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket is fantastic value and includes all coach transport to and from Tenby. You're free to explore Tenby in your own time and at your own pace!
The Give it a Go team will be with you, but you will be left to your own devices for the day.
What do I need to bring?
Our visit to Tenby is very easy-going. The little seaside town is relatively small and easy to get around.
It is very important that you bring your e-receipt to show that you had paid for the trip. You can print this or show it to us on your smartphone. Top tip: it has a barcode on it.
We would also advise all students/explorers to be prepared and bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. This being Wales, a coat, umbrella, hat, scarf, and gloves would probably be smart.
- Anything you want for the beach.
- Money for shops, fish & chips or ice cream!
- A rucksack
- A bottle of water
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food in one of the local pubs or restaurants.
Non Cardiff University Student Tickets
If you have some friends who want to come, but they aren't students, non-student tickets can be bought from this page too.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where the walk is canceled by CUSU.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign-ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- We're pretty laid back in the SU, but participants must observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- Failure to adhere to instructions given by CUSU staff and guides may trigger the University's disciplinary procedure.
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. CUSU cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
- Please disclose any and all medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete the walk. CUSU will do everything it possibly can to ensure its activities are as accessible as they can be to as many people as they can be - but our guides need to know what to expect before we leave Cardiff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. A bit of drizzle never hurt anyone. If it rains, assume the trip will go ahead unless we tell you otherwise. Cancelation will only be the last resort option. We'll cancel the trip if the trip leader decides that weather conditions are so severe as to jeopardise the safety of the participants.
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up