Bath Christmas Markets
Students' Union, Senghennydd Road • Sun 01 December 2019 09:00-19:00
(Event photograph is Bath Sheds by Stewart Black)
Each year the centre of Bath is transformed into a magical Christmas shopper’s paradise, as over 170 chalets packed full of gorgeous Christmas gifts line the streets surrounding the Roman Baths and Bath Abbey.
(Photograph is Merry Christmas! by Adam Court)
What's the itinerary for the day?
You ticket includes transport from the door of the Students' Union to the centre of Bath Christmas Market and back again!
The coaches will be leaving very strictly from the back of the Students' Union building at 9am. We're aiming to be back by around 8pm.
- 9am Leave CUSU, Cardiff City Centre
- 11am Arrive at Bath.
You'll have the day to spend as you wish! Do the Christmas Market at your own pace and in your own time. Get lunch, have some drinks... enjoy yourself!
- 5pm Leaving Bath
- 7.00pm Arriving CUSU, Cardiff City Centre
(Photograph is Christmas Shopping at Bath Abbey Somerset UK, by Ashley Coates)
What do I need to bring?
We suggest you bring some spending money with you to grab a few Christmas presents from the market or to get a glass of mulled wine!
Please also remember to dress appropriately for the weather. Hats, scarf and gloves would be a great idea.
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch or some money to buy yourself lunch.
(Photograph is Bath Abbey Christmas 2009 by Heather Cowper)
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where the trip is canceled by CUSU.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- We're pretty laid back in the SU, but participants must observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- Failure to adhere to instructions given by CUSU staff and guides may trigger the University's disciplinary procedure.
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. CUSU cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
- Please disclose any and all medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete the trip. CUSU will do everything it possibly can to ensure its activities are as accessible as they can be to as many people as they can be - but our guides need to know what to expect before we leave Cardiff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. A bit of drizzle never hurt anyone. If it rains, assume the trip will go ahead unless we tell you otherwise. Cancelation will only be the last resort option. We'll cancel the trip if the trip leader decides that weather conditions are so severe as to jeopardise the safety of the participants.
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up
Q. How do I redeem my ticket?
A. When you purchase a ticket you will recieve an email receipt of youir purchase. Though not a physical ticket, this is what we use for admission to our trips and is entirely valid.
Please do not worry if it turns out you are unable to locate your e-receipt on the day as our guides will have a list of everyone who has purchased a ticket for the trip.