Varsity Terms and Conditions
Capacity and Ticketing
* Entry to all events is subject to venue terms and conditions. Each venue is entitled to refuse entry or eject
ticket holders in order to facilitate a safe event.
Behaviour and Security
In purchasing a Welsh Varsity package, you acknowledge the rules regarding behaviour and conduct. You are
representing Cardiff University and Cardiff University Students’ Union; any breach of these
rules may result in you being asked to leave the event and your ticket for any proceeding event being
A breach of any terms of entry to Cardiff University Students’ Union for the Varsity After Party or
behaviour deemed by the Duty Manager to be unacceptable will result in ejection from the venue and a
possible ban from the premises. In serious cases, the Police or University may be informed. Unacceptable
behaviour includes but is not limited to;
Behaviour that causes damage, nuisance, or injury to self or others
Behaviour that places others at risk
The After Party follows our regular night club conditions of entry and are age 18+. All members and guests
must provide photo ID as proof of age if asked by a member of the security team or a member of Students'
Union staff. We only accept a valid passport or a valid driving licence. If you are unable to provide proof
of age, you may be refused entry or refused service at our licenced bars.
Collection dates are:
23rd - 24th March on Level 1 of the Students' Union between 10:00-18:30 - priority collection for AU members
25th - 27th March on Level 1 of the Students' Union between 10:00-18:30 - open to all students
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the packages?
- Package 1: Entry to the day games, rugby ticket, club night entry, transport & t-shirt £29.50 (plus
£1.50 booking fee)
- Package 2: Entry to the day games, rugby ticket, t-shirt and transport £24.50 (plus £1.50 booking
- Package 3: Rugby ticket, club night, transport and t-shirt £25.50 (plus £1.50 booking fee)
- Package 4: Rugby ticket, t-shirt and transport £20.00 (plus £1.50 booking fee)
Where do I collect my package from?
- Collection is on Level 1 of the Students' Union.
When is collection?
Collection dates are:
- 23rd - 24th March on Level 1 of the Students' Union between 10:00-18:30 - priority collection for AU members
- 25th - 27th March on Level 1 of the Students' Union between 10:00-18:30 - open to all students
What do I do if I have lost my wristband or stadium ticket?
- Unfortunately, we are unable to re issue tickets or wristbands as stated in our terms and conditions.
Will I be able to sit with my friends?
- Tickets for the rugby game at the Liberty Stadium feature allocated seating. This means that if you want to sit
with your friends, you will need to collect your packages at the same time. If you can’t all make it to
the Students’ Union at the same time, don’t worry, you will be able to send one person to
collect all the packages.
What do I need to bring to the collection point?
- Please bring your University student number or student card.
Can we take alcohol to the day games?
- Bag searches and security will be in place across multiple venues. All venues are licensed sites so only alcohol
purchased on the premises can be consumed. There will be food and drink available all day at student friendly
Can I get a refund?
Where are the rugby fixtures taking place?
- The Men’s and Ladies’ rugby fixtures will take place in the Liberty Stadium – Package 4 (RUGBY
TICKET, OFFICIAL T-SHIRT & TRANSPORT) will permit access to both matches.
How do I get to the Liberty Stadium from Sketty Lane?
- There will be buses from Sketty Lane to the Liberty Stadium. Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled
departure time from Sketty Lane to the Liberty Stadium.
Are food and drink expensive at the event venues?
- Refreshments will be offered throughout the day at student friendly prices on site for the Day Games. We are
working closely with teams at all locations to offer you the best prices possible.
Can I buy an After Party ticket if I’m not going to the rugby match at the Liberty
- No, After Party access is only available to students that have purchased Package 3 (Rugby, Welsh Varsity YOLO
After Party and T-Shirt) or Package 1 (Rugby, Day Game Access, Welsh Varsity YOLO After Party and
T-Shirt). There is a set capacity for the After Party so once tickets are sold out we won’t be
able to release any more.
Is there a hashtag? What’s happening on social media?
- Yes, we’re using #TeamCardiff on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Get the latest scores and updates
from @CardiffStudents. You can also follow #WelshVarsity and @WelshVarsity on Twitter.
What ID does the Students’ Union accept?
- Valid passport or valid driver’s license ONLY
When do we collect our t-shirts?
- You will collect your t-shirts on the same day as your tickets and wristbands. *Please see ‘When is
Can I take food with me for the day?
- No, Refreshments will be offered throughout the day at student friendly prices on site for the Day Games.
We are working closely with teams at all locations to offer you the best prices possible.
Can we take alcohol to the day games?
- Bag searches and security will be in place across multiple venues. All venues are licenced sites so
only alcohol purchased on the premises can be consumed.
Will tickets for the After Party be available on the door?
- No, After Party tickets will only be sold to students that have purchased Package 3 (Rugby, Welsh Varsity YOLO
After Party and T-Shirt) or Package 1 (Rugby, Day Game Access, Welsh Varsity YOLO After Party and T-Shirt)
I can’t get a bus at the times allocated. What should I do?
Photography and Filming
- We employ photographers and videographers to record the events taking place as part of the Welsh Varsity tournament. Any images and footage taken may be used by the Welsh Varsity organisers for promotional purposes. Copyright of all images rests with Welsh Varsity and the partners who organise the event.
- By purchasing a ticket and entering the site, you are consenting to the use of your image for these purposes. You can request at any point for your image to be removed from use by contacting the relevant Welsh Varsity partner.
Please refer to our general ticketing terms for more informational specific to night
time activity and nightclub entry.