Welsh Varsity Event Information
Please refer to the event terms and conditions for more information.
All Welsh Varsity packages are collection only.
Collection will take place at the Welcome Centre, 2nd Floor of the Students' Union, Park Place on the following dates:
- Monday 26th March 10:00-20:00
- Tuesday 27th March 10:00-20:00
- Wednesday 28th March 10:00-20:00
PLEASE NOTE: All sporting venues have a limited capacity. Entry to all fixtures is not guaranteed when you purchase a package that includes the Day Games. To gain entry, please plan ahead and arrive early. Stewards on the day will advise when venues are full. Please treat all staff with respect.
Purchased individually but want to sit together?
Sports clubs (AU Members)
If you are part of a sports club, please select your club from the drop-down list when you are buying your ticket. When you come to collect your package, make sure you let us know the name of your club so we can ensure you are seated within that sports club's allocated stadium location.
General student tickets
To ensure you are seated together in the stadium, please ensure that you bring all student numbers for those wishing to sit as a group to the collection point. Individuals DO NOT all need to be present but we need all student numbers. An individual can collect on behalf of a group of friends – providing all student numbers are given. For ease of collection please gather this information prior to collection.
Behaviour and Safety Information
Remember, you are an ambassador of Cardiff University during this event. Behaviour that contravenes the standards set out in the Student Behaviour Procedure will be reported to the University and investigated under complaint and disciplinary procedures. The consequences of this can have serious consequences to your education or future career as well as your ongoing participation in sporting or social activity with the Students’ Union.
We hope you enjoy the day, but please remember to look after yourself and your friends. Plan Ahead. Know where you are going, how you are getting there and who you are meeting. Inform friends of your whereabouts. Get Home Safe
- No alcohol is permitted to be taken into any Welsh Varsity Venues. All major venues have a range of food, soft and alcoholic drinks available
- If you are drunk you will not be served and may be refused entry to licenced or event premises on the day
- Remember, alcohol lowers inhibitions, leading to impaired judgement which means you are more likely to take risks and get into trouble
- A Passport or photo Driving License will be required for proof of age ID purposes at major stadiums, including the Principality Stadium. Student ID cards will not be accepted. All venues operate a Challenge 21 policy.
All sporting venues have a limited capacity. Entry to all fixtures is not guaranteed when you purchase a package that includes the Day Games. To gain entry, please plan ahead and arrive early. Stewards on the day will advise when venues are full. Please treat all staff with respect.
The use of fireworks, flares or other pyrotechnics at any sporting venue is strictly forbidden. South Wales Police will seek to prosecute individuals using or seeking to bring such items into the event.
By adding/purchasing one of the products below you are agreeing to the statement above.