Cardiff Life Awards Finalist
We’re excited to announce that we have made the finalist list for not one but TWO of the Cardiff Life Award Categories.
Cardiff Life Awards
The Civic Award showcases organisations who have improved Cardiff this year. As the heart of the student experience at Cardiff University, we are committed to improving student life and we do this in a number of ways. For example:
- Our Student Advice team supported over 5000 students over the course of the last academic year on a number of different matters,
- We also raise awareness for mental health through annual campaigns such as Alright Mate
We also raise awareness for mental health through annual campaigns such as Alright Mate
- We support students during exam periods by offering free tea, coffee and biscuits, and even offered sessions with therapy dogs and VR headsets to reduce stress and exam anxiety.
- Cardiff Volunteering also run a number of amazing projects from Clean up Cardiff to Make a Smile.
- We also provide students with the opportunity to find their community. Many gain confidence and friends as well skills by volunteering with us.
The Bar Award recognises the bars that are an important part of Cardiff and the work they do to give a memorable experience to their customers. The Taf is so much more than just your friendly student local and it’s great to see the work that both staff and students do behind the scenes being recognised. Here’s some of the highlights from the last year:
- Sales have improved 17% year on year so more of you are coming in to say hello each day.
- We’ve expanded our events to include things like vegan nights and open mic events – great for releasing your inner rock star!
- We launched a new app so now you can order food to lots of different locations in the Students’ Union building. A brilliant time saver when you’re deep in study mode in The Lounge!
We launched a new app so now you can order food to lots of different locations in the Students’ Union building. A brilliant time saver when you’re deep in study mode in The Lounge!
- We also promote safe and sensible drinking all year round, advertise unit information and include soft drinks in our promotional offers. Plus, last year we added a range of zero alcohol beer for nights when you want to take a break.
- From September to December, our Venues team trained 260 student staff to work behind our bars and in the food outlets. Those students went on to work 11,000 hours – well done team!
- We’ve improved our environmental impact by switching to biodegradable straws in our catering outlets and now use biodegradable cups instead of plastic in our night club.