Mummy's Star: Cancer in Pregnancy Workshop
Eastgate House 607/608, Newport Road, Cardiff CF24 0AB • Wed 29 January 2020 13:30-16:30
Join us for a fantastic educational event from Mummy's Star - the only charity in the UK and Ireland dedicated to women and their families affected by cancer during pregnancy.
Mummy's Star will discuss the following suring the session:
- Introduction to Mummy’s Star – Who, What, Why, How
- Cancer & Pregnancy – Unpicking Myths and raising awareness
- Challenges placed upon families
- The key role that midwives play within this scenario in terms of continuity of care
- Work that the charity does to support both families and health professionals
- Number of different case studies of women supported/different cancers/stages of pregnancy diagnosed
- Fear of birth/father’s mental health
- Opportunity for Q&A
We are so looking forward to welcoming Mummy's Star and hope you can join us for what will be an emotional but rewarding afternoon.
Bring lunch, bring snacks and bring a small donation for Mummy's Star.