Budapest, Hungary • Sun 12 Nov 2017 01:00 - Wed 15 Nov 2017 23:00
(Event Photograph is Vue sur le Parlement et le Danube depuis le Palais Royal by Nicolas Vollmer)
Join the Law Society for their annual trip to a dynamic city full of history, culture and creativity. All flights and accommodation included!
The picturesque city of Budapest should unquestionably be on every student’s bucket list.
Experience this spectacular three-night trip to Budapest with all your friends for the incredible price of just £249. This price includes all flights and airport transfers and three nights accommodation in the centre of Budapest.
What's included with the ticket?
Your £249 ticket buys you:
1. Return flights to and from Budapest
2. All airport transfers.
3. Three nights accommodation in the trendy Budapest.
(Photograph is Hungary-02551 - Fisherman's Bastion by Dennis Jarvis)
Tell me about the accommodation
Adagio Hostel, Budapest
Get to know Adagio Hostel
The Adagio Hostel 2.0 Basilica is in the heart of the city, on the main boulevard.
We really would like to host you in our newly renovated hostel, in one of the most beautiful buildings you could find in the capital!
During your stay, they provide you with a calm, clean and friendly place where you feel happy to return after a long day of sightseeing.
The friendly staff will happily answer your questions, and will help you to make your stay as memorable as possible.
You can use their fully equipped kitchens, lounge areas, TV and Free Internet.
Simple, comfortable rooms for the adventure seeking student.
Excellent location in the heart of Budapest. Bathroom facilities of a high standard.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- LCD Television at the Common Room
- X-Box at the Common Room
- 24-hour reception – NO curfew and NO lockout.
- Great location
- Friendly and great atmosphere
- Fully equipped kitchen
- English speaking staff
- Laundry facilities 5 EUR (washer and dryer)
(Photograph is Hungary-02139 - Chain Bridge and Buda Castle by Dennis Jarvis)
What are the optional extras I can buy?
Offical Bar Crawl Ticket £25 (with a free Law Society on Tour T-shirt)
Bag yourself an amazing night out to remember in Budapest. Oh and there's a Law on Tour T-shirt for you to treasure forever! Exact details to be confirmed.
Travel Insurance Policy
We advise you take out our in house recommended low cost travel insurance policy. This will protect you against the possibility that something goes wrong and you miss the flight home, lose or damage something valuable or suffer an injury and find yourself out of pocket. You can look at and apply for that travel insurance here.
(Photograph is Pauline Monastery, Budapest by Dimitris Kamaras)
What's the trip itinerary?
Sunday 12th November
12:30 Meet at CUSU
01:00 Transfer departure to London Gatwick Airport.
08:20 Take-off London Gatwick to Budapest Airport.
11:50 Landing in Budapest Airport.
13:00 Check-in at Adagio Hostel.
Monday 13th November 2017
12:00 Itinerary to be confirmed.
Tuesday 14th November 2017
12:00 Itinerary to be confirmed.
Wednesday 15th November 2017
10:00 Check out of hostel.
11:00 Itinerary to be confirmed.
13:00 Meet in hostel reception for airport transfer.
16:05 Takeoff from Budapest Airport.
17:50 Landing at London Gatwick Airport.
18:30 Airport Transfer to Cardiff.
23:00 Arrival in Cardiff.
(Photograph is Zrinyi utca, Budapest by Dimitris Kamaras)
What are you waiting for?! Fequently Asked Questions
This trip is organised by the Students' Union on behalf of Law Society, equating to very low prices, great value and organisation you can trust!
1. Can people who are not CU students come on this trip?
Yes, but priority will be given to Law Society members. If tickets remain unsold and with the permission of Law Society non-CU students can come on this trip if accompanied by a Cardiff University Student. They will have to create a guest account on this website to book.
2. Is this trip suitable for children/families? Is there a reduced rate for children?
No - children are not permitted on this trip. Although the Students' Union are planning future trips with a set number of family rooms and exploring other options that would make our trips more inclusive for families and young children, this trip isn't suitable for them. Large numbers of mature students frequently sign up to Society trips, but the majority make up of the trip are students aged 18 - 25.
3. I'm having trouble signing up online. What do I do?
One possible reason for this is that the Students' Union finance system becomes much more strict for products exceeding £100. If your address, or any given details, don't exactly match the ones orginally given when you signed up for the card/account... the system will become very sassy with you. If you're having difficulties making payment through cardiffstudents.com please email SUFinance@cardiff.ac.uk and CC Giveitago@cardiff.ac.uk into the email. Ultimately it is possible to pay in person at the finance office of the Students' Union and there are no such difficulties with that payment method!
4. I don't know if I need a visa. Help!
If you are a UK/EU citizen, you do not require a visa to travel to Hungary, but you do need a passport to prove that you are, in fact, a UK/EU citizen. If you are not a UK/EU citizen it is likely that you will require a visa and we advise you to read the advice in the next few titles down and engage with thorough independent research to make yourself aware of the process of applying.
5. What is the deadline for this trip?
For students who do not require a visa, there is no deadline for this trip. There are 40 places and when the tickets are gone, they're gone. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an up-to-date figure of how many tickets are left. For international students who require a visa, the safe deadline to sign up to the trips allowing time to apply to the visa is by the middle of October. Any sign ups made after that date, we will happily provide visa evidence for, but the risk of your visa not arriving in time becomes ever more real (it has happened in the past and students have lost money).
If you have any other enquiries please email Giveitago@cardiff.ac.uk and we'll get back to you within 1-2 working days!
(Photograph is Budapest by Kamil Porembinski)
Important Terms and Conditions
N.B. YOU MUST BE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT THE DATA YOU ARE ENTERING AT THE TRIP CHECK-OUT IS ACCURATE DOWN TO THE LAST LETTER AND NUMBER. ANY DISCREPENCY BETWEEN YOUR PASSPORT AND BOARDING CARD WILL MEAN YOU INCUR HEAVY CHARGES OR WILL BE DENIED BOARDING ACCESS.
You should be aware of the following details:
- This trip requires you to undertake an international trip. You are required to have a valid and in-date passport for this trip. British citizens do not require a visa, but require a passport to prove that they are in fact a British citizen. Please ensure your passport is valid and in-date before you book onto this trip.
- It is certain that your passport will be checked on both departure and return from the UK.
- All passengers are restricted to one cabin bag per person. This bag must not exceed the maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels. There is no weight restriction on the bag but you must be able to lift it into the overhead compartment. There are very strict restrictions on what can be taken onboard the aircraft.
Please look at the Easyjet guidelines for more information: http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/preparing-to-fly/baggage
- This general trip ticket and all added extras are strictly non-refundable, so please be absolutely certain that you're free for the dates of the trip.
- It is not possible to transfer tickets once purchased because we will have passed your details onto the airline.
Travel insurance and European Health Insurance Cards
- We would strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance for this trip to cover your personal property, money, passports, medical expenses and repatriation if necessary. The Students' Union itself has public liability insurance, but that won't help you in the least unless your loss is directly attributable to our negligence. Applying for an EHIC if you don't already have one will be a good idea as well, but this will only cover the most basic of medical treatment.
EasyJet Terms and Conditions
- Both we and you are bound by the terms and conditions of our flights carrier Easyjet. You can find those terms and conditions here.
Students' Union and Hotel Terms and Conditions
- This is a Students' Union trip, organised directly by the Give it a Go Team. In terms of rules and expected conduct, whilst on this trip you are in effect inside the Students' Union Building and subject to University Regulations. By signing up to this trip you are agreeing to both the Students' Union code of conduct and the house rules for the Hotel. Any infringement of which may provoke academic consequences for you.Students' Union Code of Conduct
There are only a certain number of tickets available for this trip. You have the option of paying a £99 deposit to secure your place. The remaining £150 being due no later than 31st October 2017.
All deposits paid are strictly non-refundable. Please be absolutely sure you can commit to this trip before you pay.
(Photograph is Budapest by ddqhu)
International Students and Visas
Students should be advised that this trip obviously requires them to be able to travel outside the UK. It is the responsibility of individual students to seek appropriate advice, visas and passport documentation for this purpose.
The Students’ Union and its staff are not insured to advise students with regard to visas or the visa process. The Students’ Union will not check that you have the appropriate documentation and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of failing to make arrangements.
It is the student’s responsibility to ascertain whether they require a visa or passport documentation. In the event that they do, they should be advised that visas can take extended periods of time to process and usually require a not-insignificant charge (a Schengen visa for example is priced at £40 - £60).
In addition, individuals should be made aware that once booked, this trip is strictly non-refundable.
Final Year International Students who are in the UK on a study visa and who have less than 6 months on their study visa at the time of this trip, should be advised that some embassies, e.g. TLS, the French Consulate, will refuse to process a visa application for them.
We have been instructed by the International Student Support Office of Cardiff University to direct students who require visa advice to their online information. The International Student Support Office of Cardiff University may be contacted themselves for general information, but have said that they cannot assist students with the process and like the Students' Union, will not provide specific advice.
Students' Union Visa Guidance
The general approach when applying for a Schengen visa is to to apply to the embassy of the 'main country of destination' which for this trip in isolation will be the German Embassy.
As of 1 March 2015 all visa applications to Germany can only be made by an 'in-person' appointment at the VF Services in London and Edinburgh. I.e. you will not be able to make a visa application to the German consulate in Cardiff, you will have to go to the nearest office (London) in person after making an appointment with the VFS office.
More information is available following this link.
You can make an appointment with VFS following this link.
You can apply for a Schengen visa within three months of the inteneded date of travel. Assuming there are no problems, the application itself can take up to 15 working days to process - but longer if you supply incompete documents or the embasy has a query with your application.
The application itself generally has a fee attached to it of between £40 - £60 but this does not include the costs you will incur travelling to London.
Visa Documents the Students' Union can provide
The application will require you to supply a number of documents, some of which the Students' Union can supply for you. You should research this thoroughly yourself before you travel to London to make the application to avoid wasted time and money. Click here for more information on short-stay document requirements.
Documents you will need to supply for VFS:
- Valid signed passport, valid for 3 months after intended return from Schengen.
- Completed and signed visa application form (two signatures and signature same as in passport)
- One photograph (meeting all photo requirements)
- Original and copy of valid UK residence permit (valid for 3 months after intended return)
- Copy of applicant’s passport (holder page, signature page and copies of all used visas in the last 2 years)
- If employed: original and recent (less than 3 months old) employment letter on company letter head/covering letter from company house or accountant on letter head (if self-employed)
- If student: original and recent (less than 3 months old) student letter stating attendance and start and finish date of studies
- Salary slips (last 3 months)
- UK current account bank statements (last 3 months), including name and address of account holder
- Valid travel insurance, policy minimum EUR 30,000, with full details of applicant and cover dates.
N.B. You will have to contact your University registry for proof of student status - the Students' Union cannot provide this for you.
Documents we can provide to you if requested:
- Confirmed travel ticket, showing names of persons travelling.
- Confirmed hostel reservation.
- Travel itinerary with all transport and accommodation details, signed by the Trip Leader and the Students' Union President.
If you require the above set of documents please email Jess on Giveitago@Cardiff.ac.uk and allow at least 5 working days for the Students' Union to draft them for you. The documents will have to be picked up in person from the Give it a Go desk on the third floor of the Students' Union.
For enquiries regarding the itinerary for this trip please contact LawSociety@cardiff.ac.uk. For all other enquiries please contact Giveitago@cardiff.ac.uk.