End of Year Waterfall Walk
Back of Students' Union \\ Sun 11 June 2017 10:00-17:00
Guides will be taking you from the small Welsh village of Pontneddfechan towards the beautiful waterfalls of the Brecon Beacons. What better way to spend your Sunday?
What should we expect during the Waterfall walk?
There are a number of beautiful waterfalls located just a short walk away from the small village of Pontneddfechan. Join us as we walk around the beautiful scenery. Expect some fun times, amazing photo opportunities and a chance to make some brilliant new friends!
Your ticket includes all coach transport to and from the Brecon Beacon waterfalls, together with Give it a Go staff and student guides to keep you safe and keep you on track!
What do I need to bring?
This walk is designed to be fairly easy-going, the ground being not too gruelling. That said we would always strongly advice that all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
- Walking boots / strong waterproof trainers
- A warm waterproof jacket or coat
- Plenty of warm layers
- A rucksack
- At least two bottles of water
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food in one of the local pubs.
An extra waterproof jacket are also quite useful to have in your back pack.
What's the Itinerary for the day?
The coaches will be leaving very strictly from the front of the Students' Union building at 10am. We're aiming to be back no later than 5pm.
It's designed to be a fairly easy going day, with no particular rush and plenty of breaks to accommodate a variety of walking abilities.
- 10am Meet outside the back of the Students' Union
- 11am Arrive at Pontneddfechan, Brecon
We'll make our way when we're ready from the village of Pontneddfechan towards the waterfalls. We’ll stop several times through the walk for photos and some snacks!
- 4pm Leaving Pontneddfechan, Brecon
- 5pm Arrive back at Students' Union
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancellations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where the walk is cancelled by CUSU.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancellation of the walk. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Walkers must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is accurate leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- We're pretty laid back in the SU, but participants must observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- Failure to adhere to instructions given by CUSU staff and guides may trigger the University's disciplinary procedure.
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. CUSU cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
- Please disclose any and all medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete the walk. CUSU will do everything it possibly can to ensure its activities are as accessible as they can be to as many people as they can be - but our guides need to know what to expect before we leave Cardiff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is this a difficult walk?
A. No, our guide has classified this walk as being beginner - medium ability. The route is suitable for the vast majority students who are reasonably fit and able.
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. A bit of drizzle never hurt anyone. If it rains, assume the walk will go ahead unless we tell you otherwise. We may explore alternative routes, or decide to shorten the walk if necessary, but cancellation will only be the last resort option. We'll cancel the walk if the trip leader decides that weather conditions are so severe as to jeopardise the safety of the participants.
Q. Are trainers okay for this walk?
A. You may be able to get away with reasonable quality trainers, though we would always say walking boots would be the best option.
Q. I have very mild asthma and/or some allergies, should I mention that when I sign up?
A. Yes please.