End of Year Rhossili Beach Trip
Back of Students' Union \\ Sat 10 June 2017 09:00-20:00
Celebrate the end of exams with a day at the beach.
Bring your friends and flatmates for a day at the beach. We're taking you to one of the most spectacular beaches in the world, Rhossili Bay, all for just £16 return.
What should we expect in Rhossili Bay?
Rhossili Bay, or Llangennith Beach, is one of the premier beach destination of South Wales. Hidden at the end of the Gower Peninsular, it's easy to see why this beach is in the top 3 rankings for the best beach in Europe and top 10 in the world.
This will be great day out for surfing, relaxing, sand castle making, lying in the sun, sporty beach things or even just grabbing a pint and watching the world go by.
What's included with my ticket?
Your online ticket includes all coach transport to and from Rhossili Bay with the Students' Union.
What's the plan for the day?
The coaches will be leaving from the front of the Students' Union at 10am. We're aiming to be back no later than 7pm.
- 9am leave from the back for the SU, Cardiff.
- 11.30am arrive Rhossili, Gower.
You'll get around five and a half hours to spend as you wish on the beach or in the little cliffside village of Rhossili and then we'll bus you all back.
- 5pm leave Rhossili, Gower.
- 8pm arrive CUSU, Cardiff.
What should I bring?
You should remember to bring your e-receipt and your student card to get onto the bus in the morning. If you've lost your e-receipt, don't panic as we will be able to find your name on our trip list - it just might cause delays.
We would recommend you consider the following:
- A towel or blanket
- Sun cream
- Spare clothes
- A picnic with plenty of water or drinks.
- A frisbee or beach games
- A bucket and spade
If you are a pro-beach-goer you'll bring a windbreak and wetsuit, but that's up to you.
Do not bring a surf board - there will NOT be space on the coach for it you keen beans.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where the walk is canceled by CUSU.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- We're pretty laid back in the SU, but participants must observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- Failure to adhere to instructions given by CUSU staff and guides may trigger the University's disciplinary procedure.
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. CUSU cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
- Please disclose any and all medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete the trip. CUSU will do everything it possibly can to ensure its activities are as accessible as they can be to as many people as they can be - but our guides need to know what to expect before we leave Cardiff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. A bit of drizzle never hurt anyone. If it rains, assume the trip will go ahead unless we tell you otherwise. Cancelation will only be the last resort option. We'll cancel the trip if the trip leader decides that weather conditions are so severe as to jeopardise the safety of the participants.
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up