End of Year Stonehenge Trip
Back of Students' Union \\ Sun 11 June 2017 09:00-20:00
Come visit one of UK's most popular and iconic monuments with Cardiff Students' Union.
Shrouded in mystery, Stonehenge is one the UK's most recognizable and famous monuments. Whether you want to explore the stones themselves, learn about them in the museum or simply relax with a cup of tea, you'll have a wonderful day. In the afternoon we will also be visiting the city of Sailsbury which is home to the tallest cathedral spire in the country.
The trip will run with a 9am departure from the front of the Students' Union on 11th June. You'll be picked up from the meeting place at Stonehenge at 2pm sharp to head to Salisbury for a couple of hours. You will then be expected to be at the Salisbury meeting point at 5pm to be brought back to Cardiff Students' Union.
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket is great value for money and includes all coach transport to and from Stonehenge and Sailsbury and entry to Stonehenge. You're free to explore both places in your own time and at your own pace.
The Give it a Go team will be with you, but you will be left to your own devices for the day.
Instructions for Ticket Holders
- Turn up at the back of the Students' Union (Senghenydd Road) at 08:45 for a 09:00 departure.
- Have your e-receipt and student card ready for inspection. Your e-receipt will be a barcoded email sent to you after you purchased your ticket. If you do not have your e-receipt we will search for you on our passenger list, but this may cause delays.
- Please be dressed appropriately for a cold and windy day outside.
- Be advised that the coaches will be leaving, at the drop off point, at 14:00 exactly from Stonehenge and 17:00 exactly from Salisbury..
N.B. Our coaches will not wait for you if you are late. They will leave Cardiff Students' Union at 09:00 and the meeting points at the aforementioned times. If you miss the return coach you will have to utilise public transport options to return to Cardiff.
What do I need to bring?
It is very important that you bring your e-receipt to show that you had paid for the trip. You can print this or show it to to us on your smart phone. Top tip: it has a barcode on it.
We would also advise all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. A coat, umbrella, and suncream would probably be smart.
- Any spending money you want
- A rucksack
- A bottle of water
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food when you get there.
Non Cardiff University Student Tickets
If you have some friends who want to come, but they aren't students, non-student tickets are available on the left-hand pink column.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where the walk is canceled by CUSU.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- We're pretty laid back in the SU, but participants must observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- Failure to adhere to instructions given by CUSU staff and guides may trigger the University's disciplinary procedure.
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. CUSU cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
- Please disclose any and all medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete the trip. CUSU will do everything it possibly can to ensure its activities are as accessible as they can be to as many people as they can be - but our guides need to know what to expect before we leave Cardiff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. A bit of drizzle never hurt anyone. If it rains, assume the trip will go ahead unless we tell you otherwise. Cancelation will only be the last resort option. We'll cancel the trip if the trip leader decides that weather conditions are so severe as to jeopardise the safety of the participants.
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up