The Bristol Banksy Tour
Back of Students' Union \\ Fri 01 April 2016 10:00-18:00
Come with us to see the early art work of a man who inspired a phenomenon, defined an artistic epoch and continues to cause controversy with every lick of spray paint.
You may not know that the world renowned street artist Banksy started his career just across the bridge on the streets of Bristol. In the early to late 90s Banksy, sometimes in collaboration with other street artists such as Kato and Tes, produced an array of satirical and highly political works which would later provide the foundations for his unique artistic style. Though largely treated like vandalism and painted over, many of his original artworks remain - if you know where to look.
Instructions for Ticket Holders
- Turn up at the back of the Students' Union at 09:45 for a 10:00 departure.
- Have your e-receipt and student card ready for inspection. Your e-receipt will be a barcoded email sent to you after your purchased your ticket. If you do not have your e-receipt we will search for you on our passenger list, but this may cause delays.
- Please be dressed appropriately for a cold and windy day outside.
- Be advised that the coaches will be leaving Bristol, at the drop off point, at 17:00 exactly. .
N.B. Our coaches will not wait for you if you are late. They will leave Cardiff Students' Union at 10:00 and Bristol at 17:00. If you miss the return coach you will have to utilise public transport options to return to Cardiff.
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket is fantastic value and includes all coach transport to and from Bristol. Our team leaders will take you on a fantastic walking tour of a lot of early Banksy work - so be prepared for a bit of walking. After the tour you're free to explore Bristol in your own time and pace.
The Give it a Go team will be with you, but you will be left to your own devices for the rest of the day.
What do I need to bring?
It is very important that you bring your e-receipt to show that you had paid for the trip. You can print this or show it to to us on your smart phone. Top tip: it has a barcode on it.
We would also advise all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. A coat, umbrella, hat, scarf and gloves would probably be smart.
- Any spending money you want
- A rucksack
- A bottle of water
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food when you get there.
Non Cardiff University Student Tickets
If you have some friends who want to come, but they aren't students, non-student tickets are available on the left hand pink column.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where the walk is canceled by CUSU.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- We're pretty laid back in the SU, but participants must observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- Failure to adhere to instructions given by CUSU staff and guides may trigger the University's disciplinary procedure.
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. CUSU cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
- Please disclose any and all medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete the walk. CUSU will do everything it possibly can to ensure its activities are as accessible as they can be to as many people as they can be - but our guides need to know what to expect before we leave Cardiff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What happens if it rains?
A. A bit of drizzle never hurt anyone. If it rains, assume the trip will go ahead unless we tell you otherwise. Cancelation will only be the last resort option. We'll cancel the trip if the trip leader decides that weather conditions are so severe as to jeopardise the safety of the participants.
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up