Dan Yr Ogof Caves Trip
Back of Students' Union \\ Sun 02 April 2017 10:00-17:00
Wales has a history of interesting and unique geography, and Dan Yr Ogof caves are no exception!
Delve deep underground in the 11 mile long complex of Dan Yr Ogof Caves! Considered one of the greatest natural wonders in Britain, the extensive network of caves is just over an hour's drive away from Cardiff in the Brecon Beacons.
Be amazed by the famous Rasher of Bacon, the Heavenly Angel and the Alabaster Pillar and other stunning formations found in the caves. This trip is a must for anyone wanting to explore the Welsh countryside in a different way and see what's below it!
What's included with my ticket?
Transport to and from the Student's Union and entry to the attraction. The day will involve a casual walk through caves with participants welcome to explore at their own pace.
What do I need to bring?
This trip is designed to be fairly easy-going, the ground being fairly flat and not too grueling. That said we would always strongly advice that all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
- Shoes with suitable grip (you’ll be walking through wet caves!)
- A warm waterproof jacket or coat
- Plenty of warm layers (it gets chilly down there!)
- A rucksack
- At least two bottles of water
Hats, scarf and gloves, and an extra mac are also quite useful to have in your back pack.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable and non-transferable in all circumstances except where the trip is canceled by CUSU.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- We're pretty laid back in the SU, but participants must observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- Failure to adhere to instructions given by CUSU staff and guides may trigger the University's disciplinary procedure.
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. CUSU cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
- Please disclose any and all medical conditions that may affect your ability to complete the trip. CUSU will do everything it possibly can to ensure its activities are as accessible as they can be to as many people as they can be - but our guides need to know what to expect before we leave Cardiff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is this a difficult walk?
A. No, our guide has classified this trip as being beginner - medium ability. The caves are a family friendly trails.
Q. Are trainers okay for this trip?
A. Any foot wear with suitable grip should be suitable.
Q. I have very mild asthma and/or some allergies, should I mention that when I sign up?
A. Yes please.